do vaping liquids contain caffeine?

(10 Posts)
Suzy4321 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:05:03

I know it's a strange question but my hubby wants to vape instead of smoke. Great. Only trouble is he has a sever caffeine allergy. I mean terrible the slightest bit of caffeine and he is ill for weeks.

It's that bad he can't drink wine. Spirits , and certain beers as they use coffee beans to add colour and depth of flavour.

Do you know if they add caffeine or coco to vaping liquids?

Branleuse Sat 12-Dec-15 12:26:52

i dont think so

PolterGoose Sat 12-Dec-15 12:34:29

Some are made with natural flavourings so I would expect if he avoids any coffee or chocolate flavours (where even then there's only a minuscule chance it'll be real flavour and contain caffeine!) he'll be ok.

Reputable UK juice makers will tell you if you ask.

OurBlanche Sat 12-Dec-15 12:36:40

No. Unless you buy one that says it does... and there are many stories about what happens if you do vape caffeine!

If you look at the names of the juice it will give you a clue, stupid names like Stamina, Energy Eagle or Energy Infused.

But normal juice does not have caffeine in it. He will have a nice wide variety of flavours to choose from.

Suzy4321 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:45:25

Lovely thanks everyone

Allergictoironing Sat 12-Dec-15 12:57:28

Most of the "energy drink" flavours are just that too - flavour but no caffeine; the one I used to work for was like this, Red Bull type flavour but nothing in it apart from PG, VG, nicotine & flavourings.

As Polter says above, most UK brands will be happy to advise if you give them a call smile

OurBlanche Sat 12-Dec-15 13:33:42

Except ones like the 2 I named, which do have caffeine in them smile

I was looking for ones with cocoa in too, that seems to be more common, but again the name will usually give you a clue, Halo do a Belgian Chocolate with about 8% cocoa/chocolate.

I think it is easier these days to find the ingredients of most e juices, it is certainly getting really easy to avoid the dodgy imports and pretend bottles.

The trick seems to be to find a local shop and have a long chat with the people behind the counter, who will invariably be vapers and really happy to help.

Not one of those Vape Cafes though shock

Allergictoironing Sat 12-Dec-15 14:09:16

Some vape cafes are great, my friends run 2 now and there's another local chain where I get on really well with the guys in my nearest branch and they DO help. As opposed to bloody Socialites who have a stand in my nearest shopping centre angry who just seem to be ripping off people & don't give terribly good advice

OurBlanche Sat 12-Dec-15 14:18:30

Oh! Must be just round here where they are run by 12 year olds for 12 year olds smile

Allergictoironing Sat 12-Dec-15 18:30:05

OurBlanche he he grin

I think the youngest person serving in the 3-4 I frequent near me is 22 - but he owns that one, and all his staff are all older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now