Talk

Advanced search

Charger for istick

(8 Posts)
AryaForQueen Wed 02-Dec-15 19:00:28

Hi everyone. On recommendation from all of you lot, my istick arrived from fasttech today. It didn't come with a charge though, can I just use a normal phone charger for it?

PolterGoose Wed 02-Dec-15 19:08:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Allergictoironing Wed 02-Dec-15 21:50:55

You do need to be very careful as phones can take a much faster charge than most e-cigs. Every case I've ever heard of where a battery has been damaged charging, the owner was using either a cheapo plug from the market or their phone mains plug.

I tend to just charge mine on either my PC or laptop USB port, as they charge at a slower rate; the cable itself shouldn't make a difference.

AryaForQueen Thu 03-Dec-15 17:34:13

Thanks for replies. I think it's genuine, but how would I know? I was told that if it says on fast tech that it's authentic then it is but I don't know how I'd know for sure.

PolterGoose Thu 03-Dec-15 17:36:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeezerBubble Thu 03-Dec-15 18:15:55

Check out the listing on fasttech , some are just the mod with no charger but will tell you what amps required for charge ie. 1 amp. Just get usb plug with matching output.

BeezerBubble Thu 03-Dec-15 18:45:45

Oh, and no higher than 5 volt output blush

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 04-Dec-15 09:34:01

These are the numbers you want on a mains charging plug:

Output: 5V, 500mA (sometimes written as 0.5A)

You should be fine with an istick at 1A because they have protective circuitry built in but it's safest to stick to the above numbers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now