Talk

Advanced search

advice please

(3 Posts)
Veryveryvery Sun 29-Nov-15 11:15:43

So, week 4 of not smoking. I am using the mouth spray.
Things should be getting easier but I feel so depressed/ tearful all the time.
Everything is so overwhelming and I don't know what to do.
So sorry for the kids who see me crying all the time and I just can't shake it off.
Surely after 4 weeks this should be getting better?
Don't know what to do. Is this just withdrawal or something else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to go down the vapeing route .sad

Allergictoironing Sun 29-Nov-15 19:56:00

You poor person sad

Remember that the addiction of smoking isn't just about the nicotine, it's also a mixture of all the other nasty chemicals you get from burning tobacco plus the hand to mouth habit - that's one reason why people who have gone down the vaping route tend to be successful, they still get that habit satisfied.

There's something like 4000 different substances emitted by cigarettes which interact with each other making the addiction much worse than pure nicotine, which you are getting with the spray.

Have you checked that you're using enough of the spray to replace the nicotine you are missing? You need to first wean yourself off the other crap THEN start to reduce the nicotine (which in itself isn't actually the harmful aspect of smoking)

Veryveryvery Tue 01-Dec-15 22:04:08

Active thank you that makes a lot of sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now