Talk

Advanced search

Insomnia since stopped smoking

(4 Posts)
Coco0123 Sat 21-Nov-15 06:04:32

I'm on day 7, been feeling great, think I will crack it this time! (Did 8 months last year before sadly falling into the trap again last Christmas).
The problem is though I haven't had a full night's sleep all week. I go asleep no problem but wake about 2 hrs later. I am then awake (like now) for 2-3 hours! It's nearly time to get up by the time I drop back off.

The same happened last time I quit but I was under a lot of other stress at the time and didn't think it was anything to do with quitting.

Has anyone else had this? Any idea how long it could go on for? I'm wondering if I should get some Nytol to have just for the next week or so!

magimedi Sat 21-Nov-15 12:12:53

Very well done on a week!

Insomnia is certainly one of the side effects of quitting. If I were you I'd go for some Nytol - it's a hell of a lot better to use that for a week or so than to start on the fags again!

Are you drinking enough water? Drinking more can help with al lthe symptoms of quitting.

Carry on - you're doing really well!

Coco0123 Sun 22-Nov-15 05:31:34

Thanks megimedi
Well here I am again, been awake for a few hours again, had a few large wines as well last night! I probably don't drink enough water but too much tea & coffee which I know definitely won't help. Will be buying decaff as well as Nytol today!

CheradenineZakalwe Sun 22-Nov-15 06:59:26

Insomnia is unfortunately a recognized side effect of quitting, should only last a couple of weeks (not that that helps you much now!) so you're half way through the worst bit. Well done! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now