Talk

Advanced search

Vaping Newbie

(20 Posts)
Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 11:35:42

My DP and I spent last weekend in Brighton and came across some great vaping shops - one even had a roof terrace where you could smoke a vaping shisha.

I've been trying to persuade my DP to quit cigarettes and take up vaping for ages but we didn't have any idea where to start, what kit to buy, etc. He wouldn't let me buy him a kit in the shop (said they were too expensive hmm) so I've taken the plunge and ordered an Aspire starter kit with the mini nautilus from VapeEscape. I don't think the battery is very good but I'll buy him an ileaf or a cool fire IV if he takes to it.

I would like to know if this set up would be suitable for smoking liquids with a high VG content? I've so far only ordered him some with a 50:50 PG:VG content.

PolterGoose Sat 25-Jul-15 11:47:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 11:49:35

Thanks Poltergoose! Are the higher VG liquids any better for you than the ones with PG in? We tried some organic ones in Brighton and I've just got it in my head that they're "healthier" hmm

magimedi Sat 25-Jul-15 12:08:54

I know the shop you are talking about - it's great, but pricy!

Most of us who have quit fags for vaping started by "dual fuelling" for a while & over time gave up all the cigs for vaping. Took me a couple of weeks, but some people hung on to a single fag a day for some months. It's the fags you aren't smoking that are the ones you should count!

Good Luck & if you have a local vape shop pop in there - most of them are good for advice & you can often try different liquids.

PolterGoose Sat 25-Jul-15 12:16:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 12:31:50

The shop was lovely and we had a good look around at the various kit they had and also the herbal room. If it's not too stupid a question, can you get liquid "herbs" to smoke?

magimedi Sat 25-Jul-15 12:44:36

Am not sure about liquid "herb" - but you can vape herb!

GinAndSonic Sat 25-Jul-15 12:47:09

Are we talking herbs or "herb"? wink

Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 12:51:51

I'm talking about the sort of herb you smoke rather than the ones you put on your dinner grin

TantrumsAndBalloons Sat 25-Jul-15 12:52:23

Just out of curiosity....how do you vape "herb"

GinAndSonic Sat 25-Jul-15 12:59:52

You can vape herb, but you need a special vapouriser for it, they are sold as tobacco or herb vapourisers. Depending on which one you get you can vape either the bud, or oil or wax. You can get big home ones, or hand held ones that can look quite like regular vape things or some look like inhalers or lighters etc.
Vape fiend online sell herb vapourisers.

Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 13:01:54

Thanks for asking that, Tantrum. I was wondering the same thing. I've seen you can buy cannabis flavoured liquid online too.

TantrumsAndBalloons Sat 25-Jul-15 13:02:43

The flavoured liquids are rank in my opinion smile

GinAndSonic Sat 25-Jul-15 13:06:19

Vaping herb is heating it without causing it to combust, it releases vapours containing the active chemicals.

GinAndSonic Sat 25-Jul-15 13:08:52

Of course, while the vapouriser is legal, cannabis is illegal, and obtaining, carrying and using illegal substances such as cannabis can get you into trouble.

Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 14:41:29

I would never dream of buying anything illegal!

ShipShapeAhoy Sat 25-Jul-15 14:45:00

Mimi If you order from Vape Escape again there's a 10% discount code - ecr69.

GinAndSonic Sat 25-Jul-15 15:34:20

Nope, me neither.

Mimigolightly Sat 25-Jul-15 16:02:15

Thanks, ShipShape! Discount codes are always welcome.

Mimigolightly Sun 26-Jul-15 18:13:17

The Aspire Premium kit arrived yesterday and it's great! My DP loves it, especially with the Digby's Apple & Cinnamon juice I bought too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now