Talk

Advanced search

Help starting out

(6 Posts)
Teddybear4 Mon 20-Jul-15 13:03:24

Hi

I bought a kit from my local vape shop a couple of weeks ago to see if vaping would be an acceptable replacement for smoking for me. It has worked and I haven't had a cig since. Problem is, the last couple of days, after 4 or so inhales, it's not producing much vapour. I've changed the clearomiser (I think that's the correct term!) as the original one was disposable (so the shop said) and was to be replaced after a week or so, but it still isn't working properly. I'm wondering if the issue is the cheap kit, specifically the battery (having googled, it's available on DHGate in bulk buy). The clearomiser is getting very warm after those first few puffs and I'm worried it's not going to do me much good!!

Do I persevere or do I bite the bullet and buy a proper kit? If so, what would you recommend?
Thanks!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Mon 20-Jul-15 16:09:39

Hi Teddy, congratulations on your first couple of weeks flowers

If I were you I'd take it back to the shop and ask them for help - any decent vape shop should help you trouble-shoot your purchase.

Do you know what your kit is called? Can you link to it (DHGate link will do, as long as you're sure it's the same kit), or failing that post a picture?

One thing you might try is pulling up the centre pin on the battery. Sometimes you can get a loose-ish connection so it's firing but only just.

Don't worry about your clearo getting warm, that's normal smile You'll know if it's burning the juice - it tastes foul!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 21-Jul-15 22:43:06

Hello, can I please piggyback on this thread? I am looking to move to vaping, and took delivery of my first kit (Halo Ultra Tank) today. I ballsed up filling it the first time (I put it down the hole and ended up with a mouthful of liquid - bleurgh!) but am getting the hang of it and have been switching between it and cigarettes today. My question is a bit stupid, but can someone please help me? Do I now have to buy liquids from the same website, or can I go into my local shop and just try some? Essentially, are all liquids compatible with different kits? Sorry to be a total twit - am a complete novice and would appreciate the help!

MissBattleaxe Tue 21-Jul-15 22:46:53

Watching with interest.planning to stop smoking and start vaping soon

PlentyOfPubeGardens Thu 23-Jul-15 07:45:00

There are no stupid questions here grin

You can use any liquid you fancy in your kit, it's all basically the same stuff.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 26-Jul-15 00:11:39

Thank you for your reply plenty, that's really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now