Help me find a vape that produces plumes and plumes of smoke?!

(16 Posts)
HappenstanceMarmite Tue 07-Jul-15 21:07:43

For my DP please? He vaped before but succumbed to the lure of fags. He wants to try again but this time with a device that produces a more substantial cloud of 'smoke'. (If anyone watches Gogglebox, DP wants whatever it is that Ralph (big German chap) is using as he covets his plumes!)

Brand of DP's original (not good enough smoke!) was GRUV ecigs

Thank you in anticipation :-)

PolterGoose Tue 07-Jul-15 21:37:15

If he wants mahusive clouds he will need to use a device capable of sub ohm vaping ...

But, chap off Gogglebox doesn't get great clouds IMHO, I get better with my iStick/mini Nautilus combination smile

For clouds he will need to vape juice with a high VG (vegetable glycerin) content. But, he would need to sacrifice throat hit from PG (propylene glycol) to do this.

HappenstanceMarmite Tue 07-Jul-15 22:13:31

Thanks PolterGoose. I'm out of my depth with most of the terms you used to explain what was required to produce humongous clouds though! What is 'sub ohm'?

You may not agree that Gogglebox vaper Ralph produces enviable plumes, but my DP would be delighted with that amount! At the vape shop they did sell him high VG content which they promised would produce more smoke, but it was still disappointing.

Will look into that brand you use. Where do you get those please?

PolterGoose Wed 08-Jul-15 07:16:33

I use an eLeaf iStick battery and an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank - it's a very common and popular combo because it's good! I usually buy from Vape Escape. I mostly use Vaping King juices.

Sub ohm means the little coils in the tank are very low resistance so they get hotter and can vapourise more juice making more steam. He would need a battery capable of high power output, eLeaf do a 50 watt iStick or there's the Innokin MVP3 or CoolFire IV as well as many others. Popular sub ohm tanks are the Kanger SubTank and the Aspire Atlantis. I didn't like sub ohm vaping at all, the vapour is warm/hot and to get a good vape you need to inhale straight to your lungs rather than 'mouth to lung' (which is more like smoking)

If he has a pootle around a vaping forum like UK Vapers or Planet of the Vapes he might get an idea of what's what smile

crispandfruity Wed 08-Jul-15 07:24:08

What polter said. Have also got the eleaf istick and produce nice clouds!

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 08-Jul-15 09:15:36

Wow thanks! I shall look into those suggestions. The GruvE thing he had was just a long device, not with a square battery(?) on the end. This is much more complex than we thought!

NotKissingTipsyX Wed 08-Jul-15 09:23:46

Another here with the eleaf nautilus combo although I prefer the 5ml size tank to the mini .

I also use the MVP with the nautilus which is another good set up IMO .

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 08-Jul-15 21:16:51

Does this sound a good deal from Amazon? eLeaf/Nautilus combo here

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 08-Jul-15 21:17:38

Meant to add it is £46. Which liquid goes in it?

PolterGoose Thu 09-Jul-15 07:10:34

I wouldn't buy from Amazon, it may be cheaper but many are fakes. MyEPack would probably be the cheapest reliable place to buy from.

For liquids it depends what he likes.

Are you buying for him as a gift?

HappenstanceMarmite Thu 09-Jul-15 08:05:05

Ah thanks for the heads up PolterGoose. I spent last night researching and scouring the net - looking firstly for a starter kit to include the iStick/Nautilus combo, then separately. Apart from the Amazon one, I can't seem to find one site that sells BOTH items.

Not buying as a gift but I'm doing the research for him. And can any brand of liquid be used in any brand of tank? He used the GruvE liquids before and probably has some left somewhere.

You've been very helpful, thank you I appreciate it.

PolterGoose Thu 09-Jul-15 08:50:53

If I was buying now I would go for:

Cool Fire IV

This is a much better battery than the iStick and will allow him to try sub ohm vaping in the future if he wants to

Mini Nautilus

Plus he will need spare coils (I use the 1.8 ohm version) and it's worth considering the stainless steel tank upgrade (yes, it starts to get expensive when you get going!)

Liquids are interchangeable but I am quite particular and don't like the cheap stuff. But, I didn't stop smoking to save money, I'm aware many people do.

PolterGoose Thu 09-Jul-15 08:55:54

Vape Club is a good source for small suppliers and imported juices.

I mostly use Vaping King even though their juices have awful names

Triphammer do some excellent sweet flavours, very authentic

What I noticed was that after stopping smoking as my taste buds recovered my sense of taste changed, and I needed more subtle flavours.

What sort of flavours do you think he might like?

magimedi Thu 09-Jul-15 08:59:02

Loads of great advice from Polter.

If you have a local vape shop get your OH to go down there - most of them will let you sample lots of the flavours.

HappenstanceMarmite Thu 09-Jul-15 10:25:45

Wow thanks PolterGoose! Got to get out and do some work now how inconvenient but will be having a good look at those suggestions.

He originally bought the tobacco flavoured juice which he liked.

HappenstanceMarmite Thu 09-Jul-15 12:41:29

Thanks magimedi. Good plan :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now