Talk

Advanced search

here I go again

(4 Posts)
CigarettesCanKill Sat 20-Jun-15 15:11:46

attempt number 93787 to stop smoking.
I have my patch on and haven't had a fag since about 7pm last night.
I am having awful cravings and just want to run to the shop to buy 'one last packet' but it's never the last, and then I would have to go through this part all over again.
please tell me it gets easier?
it doesn't help that 18mo dd has a cold and is being an absolute nightmare child.
I don't want to vape. I want to quit, why does it have to be so hard sad

Allergictoironing Sat 20-Jun-15 16:10:27

Hang in there, it WILL get better eventually. remember that it isn't just the nicotine itself you are addicted to, but many of the other chemicals in tobacco smoke combine with it to increase the addictiveness by an awful lot.

Part of the cravings will be the habit aspect of smoking, the hand to mouth action & having something to fiddle with. So try to find something to do with your hands - knitting, crafts, worry beads, anything that means you have something in your hands.

Have you tried reading Allen Carr's book? A lot of people posting here have used it and given up after many failures with other methods.

CigarettesCanKill Sat 20-Jun-15 16:17:55

Yeah, I read it last night when I decided I wanted to quit. I wish it was as easy as just not smoking any more, why did I even start again after dd was born? I am an idiot.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sun 21-Jun-15 11:07:21

Hello, Cigarettes, how's it going?

Most people find it really tough going using just patches. Make sure you are using the highest strength and double up with another method - gum, spray etc. if you are still getting strong cravings.

If you are using NRT you will have a far higher chance of success if you also get some support from your local Stop Smoking Services.

Good luck, and feel free to come here and whinge as much as you want flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now