Talk

Advanced search

Started smoking again after birth- stopping cold turkey

(5 Posts)
MeltchettsLovelyMoustache Sat 06-Jun-15 02:38:54

Well, 6 weeks after when I went home for my grandmother's funeral to my chainsmoking family. Before pregnancy I was on 30 a day, then 2 a day and didn't quit until 25 weeks.

My baby is 3 months old and I smoke when he's away with DH then shower before they get home. So I'm smoking secretly sad I smoke about twice a week but I know its only a matter of time.

I'm going to re-read Allen Carr as I have never found vaping or NRT helpful.

I know smoking is a big load of bullshit. Anyone want to join me?

magimedi Sat 06-Jun-15 07:42:02

Very good luck!

If you are only smoking about twice a week I think you are right to knock it on the head now - much easier than if you carry on & the amount you smoke will inevitably increase.

I gave up by vaping, nearly 3 years ago & still vape but we will all be here for you to offer support when ever you need it.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 09-Jun-15 21:28:58

BUMP

How's it going? There have been a couple of lively Allen Carr threads on here.

MeltchettsLovelyMoustache Sat 27-Jun-15 15:09:36

Badly! Still smoking at the same level. Allen Carr isn't working his magic for me this time sad I'm thinking of going to the clinic.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Mon 29-Jun-15 18:57:50

Oh sorry to hear that. Yes, going to your local Stop Smoking clinic is a good idea. They have (relatively) high success rates. Don't be fobbed off with GP care, they don't do nearly so well.

Meanwhile, think about what you can learn from this attempt. What things worked best and what situations did you find most difficult?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now