Talk

Advanced search

Brough my first vap today

(6 Posts)
mummycxx Sat 23-May-15 13:23:52

so been looking at them for a while and today thought why not and brought one iv always smoked menthol so got the menthol juice and so far so good.

am I going to get any side effects from giving up normals Fags?

have tried getting dh to get one but he wants to see how I go first I'm still using them outside as I would a normal fag so fingers crossed I'll kick the Fags for good with this.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sat 23-May-15 18:47:11

That's brilliant, mummyc!

Side effects of stopping smoking -

- bleeding gums - smoking can mask gum disease so if you're due a dental check up, now is a good time

- feeling low - even though you are getting nicotine from the ecig, there are other things in lit tobacco that your body will be missing. This should pass in a few days

- changes to hair and skin - you might find they get really oily for a while before settling down and looking much better than when you were smoking

- cough - as your lungs recover, they are more able to expel any clag you have lurking on your chest

Side effects of vaping -

- thirst - vaping can dehydrate your mouth a bit, especially in the early days, so drink plenty

- PG sensitivity - some people find PG (propylene glycol) based liquids irritate their airways and do better on a VG (vegetable glycerine) based liquid. Most people do fine on either though, so see how you go.

For most people, vaping is more of a little-and-often thing than smoking was - a couple of drags every 10-15 minutes, rather than a 5-10 min blast every hour or two, as you would with a cigarette. It can be harder if you are using it as you would a fag because it takes a lot longer for the nicotine in your system to reach the level it would if you were smoking. See how you go - if you are finding it tough this is one area you could look at.

Good luck!

mummycxx Sun 24-May-15 07:20:08

Ahh thank you. was ok on it yesterday so fingers crossed it will be ok!

some girls at work have been using them and never looked back.

I might order some spare bits so I can change flavours a bit xxx

magimedi Sun 24-May-15 09:23:25

Well done, mummy.

I agree with everything Plenty has said, especially drinking more water.

And get yourself a spare battery so you always have one charged.

PolterGoose Sun 24-May-15 18:01:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummycxx Sun 24-May-15 19:58:28

Yeh didn't get a spare battery and it's on charge now luckily dd has fallen asleep on me so can't move lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now