How long does it take to be a happy vaper?

(9 Posts)
SaucyJack Sun 03-May-15 09:30:37

Rather than a frustrated smoker?

Been vaping for three weeks now. I quite like it in and of itself, but it still does feel like joy and wonder is missing from my life.

How long did it take for you lot?

McNo Sun 03-May-15 09:34:16

Hi Saucy, I'm still really new to vaping only started a couple of weeks ago, I liked it straight away, I started with the basic pen but found a liquid I liked vaping more than I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. I think that's why I have stopped so quickly.

I have now upgraded to istick and haven't had a cig since.

Have you found a liquid you really like?

magimedi Sun 03-May-15 10:21:28

It took me 2/3 weeks of 'dual fuelling' & then I switched to vaping & have been happy ever since.

The kick up the arse for me to give up the stinkys was the most awful chest infection so that probably, in a weird way, helped.

Are you using a strong enought nicotine? Most people start on 18ml strength.

And are you vaping lots? Nicotine is absorbed differently from a vape to a fag. You get less nicotine from vaping than from smoking a fag, so you are better off the vape little & often. So think of taking a few puffs every 15 mins or so, rather than a whole fag every hour or so.

Lots of people vape and smoke for ages - I think allergic still had one cig a day for some months. SO what! It's the cigs you haven't smoked that matter.

And I will agree that vaping has hit new heights for me since I got my istick & mini nautilus.

magimedi Sun 03-May-15 10:22:01

PS It will be 3 years this coming October since I last smoked.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sun 03-May-15 12:18:46

It can take a looong time for some people. DH took a year to lose the last fag. There are other things in fags as well as the nicotine that you are probably missing - in particular MAOI's which act as an antidepressant.

There are things that might make vaping more satisfying for you, as magi and McNo say - are you on high enough strength liquid? Is your device delivering enough vapour or would something a bit higher powered help? Have you found some flavours you love yet? Are you vaping little-and-often or trying to replicate the pattern of smoking?

Stick with it - most people find over time that cigarettes start tasting worse and worse and the vape is just nicer.

SaucyJack Wed 06-May-15 16:47:53

Sorry- forgot I posted this.

Pube- that's very helpful info about the MAOI. That's exactly it I reckon.

I use the Vype e-pen by the way. There's 27mg nicotine in each cap, and I change it every couple of days or so. Should be getting plenty of nicotine.

I like the taste- the standard tobacco flavour actually has a sweet honeycomb taste. Very impressed with the "smoke" effect too.

My other problem with vaping is I'm not yet in the habit of keeping it charged and ready to go. I keep putting it down in silly places (was never careless with my real fags) so it's not always to hand and ready to go when I need it.

sherbetlemonD Wed 06-May-15 22:59:56

12 days in here. Didn't smoke stinkys for long (6 months) and I still crave. I keep thinking to myself "one pack won't hurt"- but where do you draw the line. I miss them, i'm vaping fruit (blueberry) and I don't think my nic strength is high enough so will try swapping to tobacco and higher strength next week I think.

crispandfruity Thu 07-May-15 21:59:25

I tried with cigalikes once and found the charging/losing them a hassle. Since getting well kitted up I've found it easier.

Plus, smelling nice and stuff means that I don't want to go back to the fags.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 08-May-15 16:25:11

I think you'd probably benefit from better kit and would save in the long run from something you can refill.

You need:
2 x batteries
2 x tanks (or you can get by with one and some spare coils)
a charger
some juice (probably around 2-5ml/day)

What's your budget?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now