It's been 2 weeks and 3 days...

(15 Posts)
Boutonneux Tue 28-Apr-15 12:46:14

... since I last had a cigarette and I still can't believe how easy it's been. To anyone who is lurking & browsing this section and thinking about giving vaping a go to help quit smoking I have just 2 words - DO. IT.

None of my family and friends would have ever had me down as a quitter. I was never interested... I enjoyed smoking, loved it in fact. The very thought of giving up would make me smoke more grin But vaping has been a revelation, a life saver and such a massive help.

Sadly my H has gone back to smoking (we gave up and starting vaping together) which is a bit upsetting and worrying (the smell turns my stomach a bit) but I know from experience, he's got to want it for it to be successful. He's going outside but as we know, the smell lingers on him when he comes back in and I know it's bothering him that the smell is very off putting to me but I don't know what we can do about it confused

I just want to say a quick thanks to everyone who posts on this board, I never would have done it if I hadn't stumbled across this section flowers

McNo Tue 28-Apr-15 12:59:00

Well done, I'm a recent convert to, love it and hoping to cut that one cig in the morning out very soon.

Congratulation again on stopping grin

magimedi Tue 28-Apr-15 16:50:31

Well done!

Why has your DH given up vaping? Did he not find a flavour he liked? Maybe he wasn't using strong enough juice?

Maybe no shagging of a stinky smoker would help him focus!! grin

Boutonneux Tue 28-Apr-15 19:07:53

McNo don't stress too much about the one remaining cig that you're still smoking - think of all the ones that you haven't smoked grin

magi - he was full of excuses to be honest. He didn't like any of the flavours, he said it made him feel queasy (which it did me too for a couple of days but it soon passed), he wasn't enjoying it... blah blah blah. He didn't give it enough of a chance at ALL, he gave up far too easily and I'll admit I am pissed off with him. He was resistant to try a stronger juice as he thought that would make him feel even more sick. He was "too busy" to come to the local vape shop with me for a look around and maybe a chat with the staff... I lost my temper a little in the end blush and said "well, you're not smoking those THINGS in the house". Not my finest hour I admit...

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 28-Apr-15 21:09:21

Well done, Boutonneux flowers

Perhaps Wed 29-Apr-15 16:05:12

Well done, I have been lurking on the vaping threads for a while, I had my last stinky 6 weeks ago, Dh waited till he knew I was over the worst (he smoked outside) then he gave up and took up vaping 2 weeks ago. I am amazed it has been so easy, smoked 20/25 a day for over 30 years and now can't stand the smell of ciggies.

I have been having fun finding which flavours I like, have a boxful of ones I don't (will have a sort out for the swaps thread) my new fave is triphammers cream tea, I could vape it all day smile.

magimedi Wed 29-Apr-15 19:54:48

Well done, Perhaps.

I smoked for nearly 40 years & am now 2.5 years free of it - but still enjoying my vaping.

Boutonneux Wed 29-Apr-15 20:22:19

Well done, Perhaps grin

Boutonneux Mon 11-May-15 14:17:59

It's now been 4 weeks and 2 days and I can confidently say now that I will NEVER go back to smoking grin

According to Smoke Free app I have saved £306.57 and not smoked 766 cigarettes! Let's ignore the fact that I've probably easily spent that on vaping stuff

My vaping collection is growing at a ridiculous rate nicely and the best news is that H has decided to give it another go so I've treated him to better kit and he's found 2 flavours that he enjoys - he's on day 6 so fingers crossed grin

Boutonneux Mon 11-May-15 14:19:50

There's also the box of approx. 30 bottles of various liquids blush and quite a few more on their way. I'm still searching for that "omg this is amazing, I must vape it all day long" liquid but I'm enjoying the search grin

PolterGoose Mon 11-May-15 18:45:53

Well done star

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 13-May-15 19:30:25

Well done Boutonneux you've cracked it! Congratulations to your DH as well, I'm glad he's found a combination that works for him. flowerss and stars for you both.

Lovely shiney kit!

Boutonneux Thu 14-May-15 17:45:38

Cheers Polter and Plenty grin

Tomorrow night will be my first big test I reckon... going to a family party and where there's wine there's usually smoking in my world. But I'll take my kit with my current favourite liquid in (Suicide Bunny Mother's Milk - omg, it's delicious!) and I'm quietly confident I'll be okay.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Thu 14-May-15 20:14:55

Make sure you take plenty of liquid with you! I surprised myself with how much I could get through on a boozy night - it's the one time I slipped up when I ran out.

ginmakesitallok Sat 16-May-15 16:24:30

A very pretty shiny collection! I've got the urge to buy myself a new set up, I've had my I stick for months now, and it's getting pretty tatty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now