Talk

Advanced search

New to vaping.

(20 Posts)
loismustdieatyahoodotcom Wed 08-Apr-15 17:21:15

Hi I recently brought an iq300 from a local vape hq near me just as a starter kit. I'm think I need a new clearomizer and maybe looking to modify at a later date. I'm just struggling to understand what is compatible with what. Also can I get a bigger tank??? confused

crispandfruity Wed 08-Apr-15 17:27:37

I'm a bit of a newbie to this too. I'm nearly 6 weeks into this. Basically I know that stuff that says '510' on it (tanks, batteries) will be compatible and fit together.

I have an eleaf istick battery and a kangertech mini protank 3 tank which takes kangertech 1.5 ohm dual coils.

I go to a B&M shop in emergencies, but I do like the vapeclub.co.uk website for kit. If you order before 2pm (iirc) and are willing to pay £6 delivery (the price of 20 cheap fags!) you can have your goodies before 1pm the next day.

In addition to my eleaf I have several evod batteries and quite a few different plastic tanks!!!

Despite all my purchases on this journey I have saved so much money not buying a packet of fags a day.

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Wed 08-Apr-15 17:30:58

I'm still confused grin. How do I know how Miami vaults my battery is and is the 300 what I should be looking for on other products?? I'm going to stick with what I have battery wise at the mo and the set up just want new juices and clearomizer. How do you carry yours round? It's too big for my pockets.

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Wed 08-Apr-15 17:47:17

Many not Miami

TipseyKisses Wed 08-Apr-15 17:53:17

When I started out I tried a few different tanks, then I found naturevape !

Completely changed vaping for me & got me off the last few stinkies smile

Still use naturevape tanks and coils but now I also use nautilus tanks which are very good .

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 08-Apr-15 18:00:52

Hello lois is this the kit you have?

Everything is compatible, pretty much. If you look at the top end of your battery, the threads on the outside, that you screw a CE4 clearo onto are called eGo threads. You will notice there is another set of threads on the inside, next to the battery contact. These are the 510 threads. Almost everything on the market will fit one or other of these.

If your kit is the one I have linked to, the battery is 3.7 volts - all bog-standard eGo batteries (which these are) are this voltage.

Pretty much any clearomiser will be better than the ones that come with that kit, so how much do you want to spend? grin

These are not half bad for the price and can cope with being upside down in your handbag. Be careful buying from amazon or ebay because there are a lot of bad quality fakes around. Tec-spec1 sells the genuine article.

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Wed 08-Apr-15 18:20:58

Money wise not ££££ but something half decent. Do I need to buy coils as well then I really should've asked more questions when I brought it. Am I making this more complicated than it has to be? Is there a website that literally spells it out for me blush

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 08-Apr-15 18:43:36

There are loads of websites but some of us find them a bit ... willywaving grin

The thing with vaping is it's an incredibly fast moving industry with new innovations coming out every week more or less. Everybody has their favourite bits of kit and will recommend something different. You probably won't find a site that spells it out because the advice would be obsolete in a matter of weeks.

Boiled down to its very basics, an ecig is just a curly bit of wire (sometimes two or even more) stuck on top of a battery. There will be some sort of wicking material that draws the liquid to the coil. Everything is just variations on that really.

Is your kit the same as the one I linked to? If you're not sure could you post a pic of your kit? If it is the same then those clearomisers won't take replacement coils, you need to replace the whole thing.

The ones I linked to you can replace the coils, or even rebuild them if that's your bag, but many people don't bother as they are so cheap.

The nautilus is a great option but quite low resistance (1.5 ohms). This means it will draw more power from the battery than your CE4s (and also produce lots more vapour) so you might find your batteries don't last very long between charges. If your batteries are the ones in that link they are 650MaH and I wouldn't go below 1.8 ohms on those or you'll be charging all the time.

I would have a look on UK Ecigstore and MyEpack and maybe choose a few different types to see what suits you.

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Wed 08-Apr-15 18:55:11

Yeah it's the right link. I think I'm going to buy the ones you linked to and try those. They are cheap enough that I probably wouldn't replace the coil. I may have to find something to keep it in or attached it to because I lose it all the time (and my keys,phone, purse and mind wink)

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 08-Apr-15 19:00:17

Lanyard? grin

You might also find a case handy for out and about.

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Wed 08-Apr-15 19:15:26

I brought the case and lanyard, as well as the tanks so hopefully will be able to stop using my bra as storage now grin. Thanks for help, will most likely be back soon With more questions. I'm excited now as my vaper is not vaping too well hoping a new atomiser will help hmm

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 08-Apr-15 19:27:57

I'm sure it will smile And do come back with more questions - none are too stupid!

Allergictoironing Wed 08-Apr-15 21:50:39

While you wait for the new bits to arrive, giving the tank a bit of a rinse out with warm water may help as the wicks get gunked up quite easily.

crispandfruity Thu 09-Apr-15 12:37:51

I have no need for a lanyard or case, my eleaf is grasped in my hand at all times ;)

Actually, my bag has a front pouch bit which is ideal for stashing my kit in!

PolterGoose Thu 09-Apr-15 17:02:28

I just keep mine in a pocket in whatever bag I'm carrying.

Plenty the Nautilus coils are 1.6 or 1.8, it's the Naturevape that's 1.5 smile

magimedi Thu 09-Apr-15 17:26:18

Mine is also in my sticky mitt for most of my waking day!

DH calls it: "Your Precious" grin

crispandfruity Fri 10-Apr-15 17:29:31

I find mine to be very handy for pointing at things!

starsandunicorns Fri 10-Apr-15 20:45:00

I have a lanyard but its a pouch type thing i slot my ecig in and go its good if are driving so u can a have a quich draw when stuck on the motorway ( every day driving home at a crawl)

loismustdieatyahoodotcom Mon 13-Apr-15 17:25:43

I brought the pouch lanyard for walking around and now I've got a new clearomizer in its working great. I've just started I mix a couple of juices this week. grin Think I'm getting it now thank you

webygeek123 Tue 12-May-15 11:08:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now