Talk

Advanced search

Cary on vaping, vipers. Here's the new chat thread!

(1000 Posts)
magimedi Mon 23-Feb-15 22:06:09

As the old one is nearly full!

All & any vaping chat welcome.

No question is too daft to ask. We've all been there at the start of vaping in the minefield that it is.

Only rule is: No Willy Waving!!

magimedi Mon 23-Feb-15 22:15:20

I went over to Brighton today & went to Vape evolution.

What a stunning & v classy shop.

www.vapour-evolution.com/

Lots of stuff imported from the US & some really lovely liquids & a chance to try all of them.

I came home with some rhubarb & custard & am really enjoying it. If you've read any of my other posts you will be as amazed as I am as I've had 2.5 years of only vaping tobacco flavoured Sherlock.

Upstairs is the Hemp works empoium - (sadly no samples) but what an amazing display of kit, should you wish to vape anything "herbal". grin

PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 22:18:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magimedi Mon 23-Feb-15 22:26:06

I now have it mixed up with Sherlock & am loving it.

Happy vaper here!

MeganChips Tue 24-Feb-15 12:59:12

Excellent, I'll be paying that a visit at the weekend!

Thanks for starting the new thread magi, and for the tips about the nautilus. I'll try loosening it slightly.

magimedi Tue 24-Feb-15 16:01:17

Don't loosen it, per se, just don't tighten it too much when you've filled it & are putting it on. It took me a couple of days to get used to it & now it's fine.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 24-Feb-15 21:51:09

Thanks for the new thread, magi smile

<marks place with a big (non-willy-waving) cloud of bananas and custard>

Dizzbomb Tue 24-Feb-15 23:06:30

I like the nautilus.. but sorry the subtank by kangertech beats it hands down. Im loving it.

Magi some of the US imported stuff is stunning. I like drakes vapes punky bruiser, Space jam have a couple of nice flavours but best of all Mystique (Same company that does space jam) cronos is just to die for.

toastyarmadillo Thu 26-Feb-15 04:15:44

Just marking my spot on the new thread grin

pinkrocker Thu 26-Feb-15 17:03:55

Hello viping vapers. Advice please? I stupidly allowed my e-cig to roll off the desk and the mouthpiece smashed. I have the exact same replacements so that's covered, but everything tastes wrong and kind of burnt now, is there a way of "priming" or something

magimedi Thu 26-Feb-15 17:27:44

I wonder if you cracked the atomiser/coil as well? Did you replace that?

starsandunicorns Thu 26-Feb-15 20:16:47

Joins thread (no real cigs now for 6 weeks )

grin

starsandunicorns Thu 26-Feb-15 20:18:58

Which make of ruhburb and custard magimedi ( i had some went to the shop and there had runout angry ) so choose a minty one called minty hole grin taste just like polos

FurdyCone Thu 26-Feb-15 21:29:11

Oh ffs. Just did a long post and lost it.

Basically, third week of no smoking, just vaping. Bleeding gums advice? Know I need to see dentist. Will do, am using Cordysil in meantime.

But can vaping aggravate it?

FurdyCone Thu 26-Feb-15 21:30:51

Well done Stars. I'm on three weeks. Feels good hey?!

pinkrocker Thu 26-Feb-15 21:31:08

Oops sorry, I meant I have kept the battery and just replaced the atomizer and mouthpiece. I've got about 6, standard ones that come with starter kits (two 'strings' one on each side, fill from the top and screw mouthpiece on top!)
But all taste wrong and not very sweet.
Big oops!

PolterGoose Thu 26-Feb-15 21:37:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Allergictoironing Thu 26-Feb-15 21:41:56

Pinkrocker I've found with a fair number of replacement atomisers that the first few drags taste vile - it's the treatment they give the silicon wicks, and soon stops. Or you could clean the replacements before you ever use them (I always forget!).

Also, if your broken atomiser was a bottom and/or dual coil, you'll definitely notice the lower vape quality if you change to a bog standard CE4 which is what usually comes with starter kits.

pinkrocker Thu 26-Feb-15 22:03:30

The one I broke was just a bog-standard one, that's what is odd! The other bog standard ones are just hot and burney. Maybe I had a special one and didn't know. Bin-men have been so it's too late to fish it out of the bag and try and fix it! grin

Just to let you vaping vipers know that I gave up fags for vaping back in August 2013 and gave up vaping for NOTHING in August 2014. I just reduced the amount of nicotine in my juices down to zero over time and then one day decided I didn't need the habit of puffing and blowing out vapour. I was also getting a little peed off with my kit leaking in my handbag or evaporating at a rate of knots!

I reduced my spend from £350 month on fags to £28 month on vaping to NOTHING. I have adopted two galgos and booked a holiday to Barbados for my 60th on the proceeds of this. I am Smuggie McSmuggerson of Smugville.

I have an unopened 0% cherry flavour liquid and an unopened 0% mintberry flavour liquid from Vape Escape that have been sitting in my drawer for many months now. I am happy to post to someone who wants to try them if you PM me.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Fri 27-Feb-15 09:10:27

Impressive, growing!
I'm trying to do the same at the moment quit fags at stoptober, was on med but now on low, going to try some zero ones and see how I get on soon.

magimedi Fri 27-Feb-15 09:50:24

Well done, growing - you deserve to be Smuggie McSmug.

Bumbiscuits Fri 27-Feb-15 17:28:04

I'll join the thread too. I've been vamping since October, stopped smoking cigs 2 weeks earlier.

I vape very little too. I've just started my 3rd bottle of juice. I pretty much only vape if I'm having a drink, plus whenever I get a craving (not often).

MeganChips Fri 27-Feb-15 19:05:38

Well done long term vapers.

I am visiting the Brighton shop tomorrow to see if new coils help the Nautilus, it's still pretty tasteless.

I really want an istick with this wrap now. They're quite expensive from this shop but are they legit on ebay?

magimedi Fri 27-Feb-15 19:46:20

Megan - Do make sure you go & have a look at the upstairs of the Vapour Evolution shop - it's the 'herbal' & shisha bit & is wel lworth a look. Some mind boggling stuff. Sadly, no samples upstairs. grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.