Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else finding they eat less since taking up vaping?

(7 Posts)
Hamiltoes Sun 08-Feb-15 13:51:35

I used to love nothing more than a cup of tea, a few biscuits and a cigarette.

I find now that my all day vape is desserty and pretty sweet (space jam- venus) I can barely even remember the last time I indulged in a cake or chocolate, or felt like I needed a binge.

I've never been overweight and was top side of healthy BMI before I quit but I'm certainly noticing the difference. Anyone else finding this too?

Part of me is wondering that if vaping is ever found to be 100% 0 risk (with 0mg nic anyway) if we'll ever see PVs used as a treatment for obesity where the cause is comfort or binge eating? Maybe not but would find a study on this pretty interesting.

magimedi Sun 08-Feb-15 14:11:04

I've been vaping for over two years but have always vaped tobacco flavour as I have never liked sweet things & it is rare for me to eat anything sweet. But I have heard other people say that their consumption of sweet stuf fhas dropped.

My joy is that I have dropped a dress size through being able to exercise more efficiently due to better lung capacity.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sun 08-Feb-15 14:19:33

Hamiltoes it's already available grin As far as I know there are no studies yet but I agree it's an interesting idea. They put some sort of woo superfood extract in theirs but I doubt that does anything.

It doesn't need to be 100% risk free - nothing is and nothing can be shown to be - it just needs to be effective and safer than carrying excess weight.

Hamiltoes Sun 08-Feb-15 14:24:41

Yeah I definitely agree on the last point plenty, just seems the NHS/ Gov don't want to endorse vapourizers because of the potential risks.

Wondered if some form of proof of no/ low risk would change that.

Very interesting that its already available, thank you! I might broach it with a few memebers of family and see what they think, although I think its too engrained as a smoking cessation device at the mo, instead of a hobby/ something which gives me pleasure which is how I like to think of it.

PolterGoose Sun 08-Feb-15 14:34:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ledare Sun 08-Feb-15 19:17:40

I'm eating more despite using sweet flavours. I think it's because my senses of smell and taste have improved. I can exercise at all more though.

WenstonMum Thu 12-Feb-15 09:08:43

I currently vape 0mg e-juice! And I do not know how the potential risk is! But I feel much better than before! Thanks to my baby!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: