Talk

Advanced search

Which E Cig to choose for a Benson and Hedges smoker?

(9 Posts)
WorraLiberty Thu 22-Jan-15 10:48:07

My brother has finally decided to quit smoking, using an E Cig but he really doesn't know which one to choose?

When I quit many moons ago, I used E Lites but since then there have been so many new brands popping up, that I have no idea what to recommend?

He smokes about 30 a day if that's relevant.

Any suggestions please? TIA.

Allergictoironing Thu 22-Jan-15 12:39:08

Hi Worra. First thing to consider is that for the majority of devices, you can use any make of liquid and in a massive variety of flavours. When you used the E-Lites to give up (well done there smile) it would probably would have been what's known as a "cig-a-like" e-cig, i.e. one the same size & shape as a traditional cigarette with a disposable cartridge. Now the most common devices have a removable refillable tank that contains the liquid and often changeable atomisation unit. the overall experience is much better - I halved my cigarette usage with a cig-a-like but gave up completely with the newer type.

Check out some of the threads here that ask "what e cig" or similar in the title & there's plenty of good suggestions. Ideally get him to go to a local vape shop if you have such a thing, if not then go with a good brand name that doesn't charge the earth - a starter kit should cost you no more than £20, though he'll need spare batteries and of course liquid.

There are LOADS of different tobacco flavoured liquids out there. I would always recommend going for a UK made liquid; it may cost a little more in some cases than cheapo imported liquid, but you can be sure of the quality and safety. I didn't smoke B&H so wouldn't know which particular tobacco flavour to recommend, but chances are he'll move off that in a while anyway!

firstposts Thu 22-Jan-15 12:49:50

I use 'silver and gold' liquid which is b and h flavour. So it's compatible with whatever e cig he chooses

WorraLiberty Thu 22-Jan-15 13:25:56

Thank you both for the info, it's really useful.

Yes that's exactly what E-Lites were like when I used them Allergictoinroning. It all sounds a bit more new fangled and complicated now grin

I'm not sure if we have a vape shop but there is a large stall on the local market and another in the shopping mall.

Silver and gold liquid sounds great firstposts

Do either of you know if vape shops/stalls will let him sample the liquids first?

Allergictoironing Thu 22-Jan-15 13:37:17

If they don't let him sample, I would move on to another place. The one in the mall is likely one of the companies like Socialites who tend to have stands in places like that - tend to be expensive for what you get too! Talk to the guys on the stall assuming it has a variety of kit on show; also have a quick Google for local vape shops in your area - if the stall has a half decent web site then they're probably worth at least visiting.

SmartCigs do both Silver and Gold flavours, I gather the gold is close to B&H & the silver is very popular.

magimedi Thu 22-Jan-15 14:01:20

Worra If there is an independent vape shop anywhere near you, it is really worth going to. They will be delighted to help, wil show you how it all works (so much easier than ebing told) & will let you, or yr brother in this case, try several 'flavour's.

magimedi Thu 22-Jan-15 14:01:43

being not ebing. Fat fingers!

theworkofsatan Thu 22-Jan-15 14:49:04

I smoked Benson & Hedges and when I got my ecig I couldn't get on with the tobacco flavoured liquids at all. I tried a 'cigalike' where it's shaped like a cigarette but they were quite weak and tasted horrible. I decided that as nothing would be exactly the same as smoking an actual fag I would go for something completely different.

I then ordered a 'kit' for want of a better word, which has two batteries, two clearomisers, a wall charger, a car charger, a charger which can go into your pc and two bottles of flavoured liquid (I chose berry blast) which, after entering a discount code cost me £36.00. As I smoked strong fags I chose the strongest liquid which was 24mg I think. I haven't touched a cigarette in two years and it has saved me a fortune.

I'm still on the strongest liquid but I don't care. I'm not smoking anymore and that's the main thing as far as I am concerned.

WorraLiberty Thu 22-Jan-15 15:01:15

Fantastic advice, thanks all.

I'll make sure he goes to a vape shop, as that certainly looks like the best option.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: