Talk

Advanced search

Vaping - taste issue, silly question

(9 Posts)
aglaranna Tue 20-Jan-15 23:01:39

So I smoked 20 roll ups a day, after a lot of research I bought an aspire kit and several juice samples. Four weeks ago.

I got down to one rollie a day BUT I swear I can't taste the flavours when vaping.

I'm drinking copious amounts of water and changed juice twice (after vigorously cleaning the tank each time) I can only vaguely taste anything/they all taste the same since day one.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried a tobacco flavour, the rave-reviewed lemon meringue pie and now on hot crossed buns.

I sat and rolled 40 fags last night and have been back on them today.

Please, tell me I'm not crazy!

Shonajay Wed 21-Jan-15 03:37:31

You ARE crazy for going back on the fags. but, think of the battering your taste buds have taken from smoking rollies- I was on silk cut and it still took me a couple of weeks to taste the vapours properly. Also, you're still getting nicotine, so there's no need to stop, just waiti it out.

I'd suggest a menthol- also a cherry as they tended to be strongest for me. A friend bought me a bottle of some make I hadn't heard of and I couldn't taske a thing! So but good quality stuff, I like Digbys, and also Grants vanilla custard but next release date for that cos it's so popular is the 23rd January but that was my first really good taste. Also triphammer are really good, vape escape sell the real thing, there's loads of copies now so but from a good source. That's me been off them a year now-I've had literally a couple of cigs during that time, and felt sick, which has never happened before so that me, done with real cigs. Good luck!

mawinter Wed 21-Jan-15 07:18:11

I have noticed on some of my flavours that they are so mild I must cover an air hole or two to even taste them. On one of the flavours (Blueberry) I have duped this through another company and that one tastes just fine. It could very well be the liquid you are using. What ratios does it have and who is it by?
Also cigs greatly alter our taste buds, it takes awhile for them to return to normal again.

Raia Wed 21-Jan-15 11:04:55

I find most juices tasteless as well, even the ones that have rave reviews confused

Now I vape Digby's apple and cinnamon and Grant's Vanilla Custard, two of the few juices I've found that give me a proper flavour hit when I vape them.

Prepare to spend quite a bit of time/money trying different juices until you find ones that taste of something (if you have a local vape shop, they might let you sample flavours before buying). Good luck!

ohbollocks2u Wed 21-Jan-15 13:08:07

Are you inhaling slowly ?
What strength have you got 18 , 30 or mixed ?

It all makes a difference

Allergictoironing Wed 21-Jan-15 17:03:54

You could have "vaper's tongue" which hits a few people (though usually after a few days). Your sense of taste gets a bit weird in general, and you have problems tasting juices. It does pass, honest!

As Ohbollocks says, strength makes a difference as does the PG:VG ratio in the liquid. You could also try different types of flavours - Shona says menthol or cherry, I would go as far as to say menthol cherry! Try sharper flavours rather than smooth sweet ones, so acidic fruits rather than creamy flavours.

PolterGoose Wed 21-Jan-15 18:48:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aglaranna Wed 21-Jan-15 21:29:46

Wow thanks for all the responses, poorly toddler so will be brief.

I have an Aspire K1 Starter Kit, from vape escape with a couple of 18 tobacco tasting liquids - which were yucky to no taste fromthe get go.

So I bought 5 samples of18mg juice from the alchemist cupboard, I haven't changed a coil yet.

I plan to change coil and give it all another good clean tomorrow. The most acidic flavour I have is probably chocolate lime, (me, sweet tooth? never!) so will try that.

I have been inhaling slowly.
Today I've barely smoked/vaped at all due to work/toddler - so I will update again when I get the chance.

PolterGoose Thu 22-Jan-15 14:31:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: