Advanced search

Please help me pick a starter kit which means I can order, receive and go!

(28 Posts)
TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 18-Jan-15 13:42:17

I smoke 20+ rollies a day and I am so confused by all the options of starter kits etc. I have Googled but thete are no shops near me. Please could someone recommend me a starter kit that won't confuse the shit out of me?

iwantavuvezela Sun 18-Jan-15 13:52:41

Tickle, I am interested too in this, want to order a starter kit, but not sure what to do. Will wait for responses on your thread!

PolterGoose Sun 18-Jan-15 14:11:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 18-Jan-15 14:26:34

Polter thank you! flowers

magimedi Sun 18-Jan-15 15:24:24

I'd agree with Polter that that Aspire kit is a great deal & a good starter.

I smoked 20 rollies a day for years & am no two years of being a vaper & feel amazing.

And I have not put on any weight - in fact have lost as doing more exercise as I can breathe!

Come back & ask ANY question you need to - no question is to silly. Starting vaping is so confusing - we've all been there & can help.

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 18-Jan-15 16:28:21

Thank you smile putting on weight is something that worries me as I am desperately trying to lose it! I'm going to order it today. Any tips on liquids for a starter?

PolterGoose Sun 18-Jan-15 16:34:28

southeastastra Sun 18-Jan-15 16:38:14

buy patches, sorted

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 18-Jan-15 16:38:21

Thank you smile ordering today. Healthy lungs here I come!

PolterGoose Sun 18-Jan-15 17:05:20

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 18-Jan-15 18:37:33

Patches are shite so I won't be going there again!
I've given up with Alan Carr but started again. Patches, gum etc make me feel like I'm missing out which is why vaping seems like something that is worth trying.
Thanks Polter smile

PolterGoose Sun 18-Jan-15 18:52:40

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 18-Jan-15 18:54:50

I'm quite excited about it all now, I hope it will arrive soon! It's all so confusing so hoping that when I get my head round it all I can use it to replaces cigs once and for all smile

Tipsykisses Sun 18-Jan-15 18:59:07

Tickle i was a heavy smoker (20-40 a day )who tried every method under the sun & failed confused

Finally managed it with vaping & I've gone down in liquid strength in under 6 months ! smile

I'm dead chuffed and if I can do it then anyone can !

The folks on here have been a massive help as they have so much info on equipment etc .
Good luck !

Mrsstevejones Sun 18-Jan-15 19:07:29

I love vapouriz kits, they are online and recently had a groupon deal but i think its finished now.

I bought mine on a whim from a local newsagent -£20 with a bottle of juice. I have also bought another battery and up graded to an eleaf icloud and mini protank-as recommended on here but still love my vapouriz kit esp for out and about.

No i dont work for them but i do recommend them to everyone! It reassuring knowing that a local shop stocks my favourite bits just in case i run out.

I love vaping and wont ever go back to fags. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sun 18-Jan-15 20:47:57

I think vaping is the only method of stopping smoking that allows you to continue enjoying nicotine. Patches, gum etc. allow you to have nicotine but you're not allowed to enjoy it - hence the 93% failure rate, IMO. Been there, done that ...

Tickle, it all gets a lot less confusing once you have the thing in your hand and you can see which bit does what. Good luck, and do come back with questions once you have your kit, no question is too stupid for this topic smile

southeastastra Sun 18-Jan-15 23:00:16

you're not meant to enjoy nicotine, it's an addictive substance. vaping to me sounds like just replacing one habit for another, trendy, substitute

i gave up with patches and a inhalator within 6 weeks and i smoked tons i was a very heavy smoker, vaping sounds like a crap thing thing to me. just rid yourself of the habit totally, don't replace one shit with another.

PolterGoose Mon 19-Jan-15 06:34:03

Tipsykisses Mon 19-Jan-15 07:38:24

I tried those , the inhalator I went back to 3 times !

It was my second time with vaping on a 24mg juice before I finally managed to kick the ciggies ,that's what worked for me & as I was a smoker of 25 +years I'm proud of myself that I did it regardless of how !

I started with an egoT then went on to kanga evod , I've already dropped to 18mg and will swap those for 12 in the near future & continue dropping until I'm down to 0 smile

PolterGoose Mon 19-Jan-15 08:05:53

PlentyOfPubeGardens Mon 19-Jan-15 08:09:48

you're not meant to enjoy nicotine

Who says? I enjoy both nicotine and caffeine and am fairly addicted to both (although much less addicted to nicotine than when I smoked) - and neither is killing me smile

Vaping is all about harm reduction. It's not really 'replacing one habit with another' because it's the same substance but delivered in a way that removes almost all of the harm.

Prof. Peter Hajek

Well done on stopping smoking. I think it's great that there are lots of different methods out there making it easier for people to find a method that suits them.

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Mon 19-Jan-15 08:12:35

Ex smokers can be pretty evangelical about it. I know because I used to be one!
Nicotine is addictive, we know that. And we also know that smoking is difficult to give up because people feel they're missing out, that's why the Alan Carr method is so popular.
I am happy in my decision to start vaping as any reduction in my smoking rollies is a wonderful thing.

Allergictoironing Mon 19-Jan-15 08:12:36

Southeastastra as Polter says it's great for you that you managed to quit that way, but you sound rather intolerant of anyone who can't manage it the way you did. Rather like telling someone with acute depression to "get a grip", or telling an alcoholic "just don't drink alcohol".

We try to be as supportive as possible here, and blunt comments like "do it this way, it's easy" can be rather discouraging to anyone who's tried that method (and many others) and failed - it implies that if they can't quit using that method then they never will.

Nicotine in itself isn't a harmful substance in anywhere near the kind of intake a vaper (or smoker for that matter) gets, it's all the other crap in the cigarette that harms you.

Tipsykisses Mon 19-Jan-15 10:04:40

I duel fuelled for a while when I first started vaping , some people think that vaping is the easy option but it wasn't that way for me, I still liked cigarettes and enjoyed the ones I smoked .
I didn't automatically enjoy vaping over ciggies as some do , it was a process .

I think what changed things for me was getting an ejuice that suited me & my MVP battery with a tank that I got on with .
It's different for everyone I think .

Ihavenobrain Mon 19-Jan-15 12:00:10

I smoke between 5&7 a day.
What exactly would I need please peops?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now