Talk

Advanced search

Just started vaping yesterday and have some questions..

(12 Posts)
mawinter Sun 11-Jan-15 10:52:51

I ended up going with a Kangertech Evod BCC Duo Kit, as I liked the idea of a spare battery and bits much better than what I had first picked out and was going to go for.

First off, I would like to say a big thanks to those who said i should visit a local Vape shop, as it really made things less confusing in the end, plus I liked the idea of testing out flavors as well as different kits.

Somethings I have noticed so far and are actually a bit bothersome..

1.) I notice i am coughing a bit more today. My liquids are PG only, could this be why?

2.) Sometimes while pulling in vapor i start coughing. I think i may still be pulling in the vapor too quickly?

3.) I am also noticing my throat burns a bit when vaping. Could this be due to the above? Due to this reason, I think i may have also chose liquids which are too mild in nicotine, so I still find myself going for my fags. I smoke lights, but have 30-40 a day and got liquids which are 0.6% and 1.2% because I thought the stronger liquid was the cause for the throat burn. 1.8% seems to be the highest you can buy in Germany. :/

4.) The guy explained not pulling too fast and bubbles or crackles when pulling in too fast. He also explained how to break up the bubbles and I have had to do this a few times now.

Can anyone help?

nhsworker15 Sun 11-Jan-15 10:57:46

You were quite a heavy smoker, so I would definitely try 1.8% nic. The coughing could be the pg, but is more likely to be because you're not smoking any more and your lungs are finally getting a chance to clear out all the gunk! I've never tried a100% pg liquid but imagine it would be a bit harsh, try something VG heavy.

Stick with it! And well done for making the swap!

Allergictoironing Sun 11-Jan-15 14:31:04

Chances are that you're still drawing a bit fast on the e-cig, it takes quite a while for some people to adjust, Slower but longer draws are recommended.

Something to consider is the pattern of your vaping. With cigarettes you smoke one constantly for 5-10 minutes, then another about an hour later. With vaping most people tend to do the "little & often" thing, 4-5 draws every 10-15 mins or so as an example. Spreading your vaping out is likely to help with the throat & coughing.

I agree with nhsworker15 above about strength, the general recommendation for a 20 a day smoker is to start with 1.8% liquid. Also the comment about your body adjusting - not just from the getting rid of gunk but also you just aren't used to the PG. Try keeping a drink beside you & taking frequent sips through the day; it may well settle down in a few days. Other physical adjustments you may find are skin & hair getting less dry, and possibly mild constipation for a while - nicotine can be a laxative & you're taking it in much slower than with fags and very differently.

magimedi Sun 11-Jan-15 14:48:48

So glad the vape shop sorted you out.

As the others say, vaping is a different way of drawing to a cigarette & it take time to get used to.

Yes, the cough will go on for a week or so as all the muck comes up from your lungs.

I see from your other thread that you've been smoking for some years. I had smoked for about 40 years & am now well over two years of haaving given up. I can't believe how much better my lung function is & what I can do in terms of exercise. I now exercise hard, regularly & have lost a dress size in the last year. Keep going, mawinter & we are all here for support, dumb questions or just a chat.

PolterGoose Sun 11-Jan-15 16:20:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mawinter Mon 12-Jan-15 08:47:51

I had another look at the website of the Vape shop I got my kit and liquids from and there actually is some VG in the liquids they sell, however they do not list the ratios oddly. I have sent them an e-mail and am waiting for a reply.

PolterGoose You mention nosebleeds and headaches. Last night I noticed my nose was quite stuffed and just short before bed, a nosebleed arrived. :/ The headaches on the other hand, I was noticing since Saturday night mine are happening more frequently. Now I know why!

I am proud to say that yesterday i smoked a whole pack less thanks to vaping! smile Hopefully that is down to zero in a few days.

I have decided i would already like to purchase another Kit. I find the Evod Clearomizer gurgles quite a bit and it honestly freaks me out! At first I thought it was because i was pulling in too fast, but I find no matter how I pull it still gurgles. I think it also leaks a bit, as sometimes my lips burn!

Anyone have any recommendations?

Allergictoironing Mon 12-Jan-15 10:25:47

Everyone has their favourite tanks, it's down to personal taste and budget really. For a comparatively basic tank I would go for the GS-H2 - simple, cheap, replaceable single coil.

There's some nice cheapish dual coil tanks about, I've recently started using this one that my mates do & finding it rather decent, and I'm sure there are plenty of other similar ones that other people here can recommend grin.

Something like the Kanger Protank or Protank Mini might suit as well - more expensive but longer lasting & almost everything is replaceable. Some people don't get on with the metal drip tip, but that can be replaced too.

You don't have to buy full kits as such but mix & match, as most batteries go with most tanks (and many of those that don't have conversion attachments included). I would look at getting a decent variable voltahe battery like the Vision Spinner, Evod Twist, EGo c-twist, Kanger iMOW or iPOW (last one is variable wattage) or of course an eLeaf iStick. All of these can be bought on-line.

mawinter Mon 12-Jan-15 14:04:52

Ohhh I had a look at the Vision Spinner and it is fancy looking! I like the Orange one (but then I like anything in Orange). What about a Kangertech Kanger T3'D to pair with it? Are the T3 any good?

The Vape shop replied to me and they said their liquids are 60% PG 30% VG 8% Water and 2% Aroma. So maybe I am just a little PG sensitive? I notice it is a bit less today, but the headache is still bad. I also found pulling from the sides of my mouth are much better on my throat. Previously I was pulling in from the middle.

I found a shop which has got a HUUUUUUUUUGE assortment of flavors and you can sample each for a euro. They have a 50/50 ratio or straight VG selections.

Why do some liquids say you need a glass tank to use them? o_O

I can see I have found myself a new hobby. LOL

PolterGoose Mon 12-Jan-15 14:12:46

PolterGoose Mon 12-Jan-15 14:14:37

mawinter Mon 12-Jan-15 14:28:52

Ah, good to know! I was going to go for Cinnamon (esp because I want to make a Cinnamon Apple Liquid) & Banana flavors. Guess I will be looking for a glass tank after all!

Allergictoironing Mon 12-Jan-15 15:07:32

Check with the vendor regarding pineapple & banana flavours whether theirs are tank crackers. I've had 2 different pineapples (Hangsen & Smartcigs)& both have been fine in plastic tanks, same with the bananas I've tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now