Talk

Advanced search

Getting fed up - vaping

(7 Posts)
Celestria Tue 02-Dec-14 08:27:55

I have been vaping for about a month now. This week I have had a battery die on me. One start smoking. My partner got me a brand new vivid vaping starter kit last night. Put it on charge for an hour this morning and now it won't turn on. Totally unresponsive. I don't have a spare and really annoyed. Craving a cigarette a lot these past few days. Why do my batteries keep breaking? How common is this?

Allergictoironing Tue 02-Dec-14 09:13:39

Morning Celestria. Vivid do a couple of different types of e-cigs so without knowing which it is, it can be hard to be sure what's wrong. If it's their starter kit with a bigger battery and a refillable tank, these need to be turned on by clicking the button on the battery 5 times very rapidly.

Batteries have a life ranging from 1-6 months on average - most vendors have a maximum 1 month warranty on them & many only replace for DoA. If it isn't just that you haven't turned it on then I would get on the phone to Vivid this morning, as any decent company will talk you through the problem & help you.

Batteries can be variable - I had 2 high quality ones die in the space of a week recently which is why I always have a spare (or 3 wink), but my friend's company recently had a call from a guy who had been using the same 2 cig-a-like batteries for 2 years without problems!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 02-Dec-14 20:10:50

Sorry to hear you're having such rotten luck. As Allergic says, batteries can be a bit hit and miss but it's not usual to have so many with problems. I have had one battery die in a year, out of about 10.

The new starter kit - this is probably a very daft question but you have switched it on, haven't you? (you press the button rapidly either 3 or 5 times until the light flashes). Did it seem to charge OK? If you've tried this and it's still not working, take it/send it back.

The battery that started smoking - this isn't good. Was it charging at the time or were you using it? If it was charging, what was it plugged into?

Myepack is good for quality kit and they do fast delivery. How much do you want to spend?

If you need to smoke while you sort your kit out just do it and don't worry. Just keep counting the ones you don't smoke and you'll get there flowers

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 02-Dec-14 20:13:10

Sorry Allergic you already said half of that blush

Allergictoironing Tue 02-Dec-14 20:56:10

Heh no problem Plenty grin.

You do have to be careful what mains plug you use your USB charging cable with. The ones you get with most appliances really aren't suitable for e-cigs and virtually every incidence of an e-cig battery catching fire have been people using either iPhone or cheapo plugs for charging. You should only really use ones sold specifically for e-cigs shock.

PolterGoose Tue 02-Dec-14 21:28:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 02-Dec-14 21:34:49

To be suitable for ecigs the output needs to be no more than 500mA (or 0.5A) and no more than 5V.

You also need to make sure you're using the right screwy in ecig charger. For a normal ego the output should be 4.2V and 500mA. For smaller batteries like cig-alikes and the little 350mAh egos always use the charger it came with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now