Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Peppery taste

(14 Posts)
umbongoumbongo Tue 25-Nov-14 14:46:14

I've had my vaping thing for about a week; I wasn't sure about washing it although some people on other threads I've found have mentioned you can. I have mostly been on the same flavour so just refilled it when it got low. The taste has gone quite harsh and peppery - do I need to do something to clean it or is the wick? Thanks

magimedi Tue 25-Nov-14 16:18:55

It will be the wick - I find my wicks last a week & then the taste gets a bit harsh/burnt/peppery.

I am quite a heavy vaper, in that I get through 2 x 10ml bottles per week.

I also find that I can get that taste if I have a puff straight after eating salted peanuts or dark chocolate, but it goes quite quickly on those occasions.

umbongoumbongo Wed 26-Nov-14 00:21:50

Thanks; so can you replace the wicks? It was one of these I bought: www.paradisevapeuk.co.uk/product-p/express.htm

magimedi Wed 26-Nov-14 08:00:23

I'm not sure - I have a feeling the whole tank is a disposable one with that set up.

Allergictoironing Wed 26-Nov-14 08:05:41

Yes you can replace the atomiser unit in the iClear, which is the tank that comes with that kit smile - they are available from the same place you bought the kit from here, scroll down to near the bottom of the first page.

You can also try giving the tank a good rinse out with warm water. What I do is have plenty of spare atomiser units & when one starts tasting a bit off I swap it out then leave it in warm water for a good few hours to ensure all the gunk is gone. I can then happily leave it on the windowsill to dry grin.

umbongoumbongo Wed 26-Nov-14 14:31:15

Thank you! Will try that! cake

PolterGoose Wed 26-Nov-14 18:36:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 26-Nov-14 20:39:11

Blimey I didn't know iClear 16s came in a disposable version!

Klaudo hasn't had any GS-H2's for a while and e-cigs88 hasn't got any listings at the moment. I'm about to order some of these which also look genuine, if badly photographed! Lots of people seem to be buying them anyway.

umbongoumbongo Wed 26-Nov-14 20:49:09

Thanks; I will try washing them out first (am a tightarse!) but otherwise will those ebay ones fit my battery part then? (Very technical there…)

PolterGoose Wed 26-Nov-14 20:59:16

umbongoumbongo Thu 27-Nov-14 00:20:02

Great; will invest if washing out doesn't make a difference!

rockpinkpumpkin Thu 27-Nov-14 21:45:40

Can anyone recommend a nice mid-range "bottom filler" kit?
(not the square box type, the stick type please!)
I have 2 inno batteries and a starter kit (from June!) with a very good, long-lasting similar battery from ecigwizard which was a top filler and leaked like mad!

PolterGoose Thu 27-Nov-14 21:56:15

rockpinkpumpkin Thu 27-Nov-14 22:07:28

Thank you ! I really would like a stick type not the box type, just my preference. I like the nautilus engraved bits!!
Have seen the e-cig advertised late on TV? I can't remember the name of it, it looked a bit nice though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now