Talk

Advanced search

Daft vaping question.

(23 Posts)
Jolleigh Tue 18-Nov-14 23:58:12

Possibly a stupid question. But go easy...the lovely shop man put together a custom kit for me and I didn't much listen. That was a couple of months ago now so I'd have forgotten anyway.

I have a kangertech protank 1 and a kangertech evo (I think...that second one is on the living room and I'm cumfy in bed). I have a battery that I can't seem to find online...a cigtronica?

I'd like to buy more bits. Are all tanks compatible with all batteries? Regardless of brand? What would you buy?

Treated myself to some new juices this morning from Triphammer and the Alchemist Cupboard smile.

Allergictoironing Wed 19-Nov-14 08:01:44

No question is too daft here. The Cigtronica seems to be a standard Ego type battery, and the majority of tanks and batteries on the market these days have the same fitting.

I adore the Vision Spinner variable voltage batteries, both the original and the v2 that came out this year. These let you turn the voltage up & down, so you can adjust the "oomph" depending on the liquid you're using & the atomiser. The Aspire CF is another similar one that has good write ups & I nearly got, and my boss swears by his Kanger iMOW which is variable wattage rather than voltage. If you want to go for more advanced kit, the Innokin MVP and the eLeaf iStick seem to be the box mods of choice at present.

I'm a bit of a pleb when it comes to tanks, I currently use cheap & cheerful GS-H2s which you can get stupidly cheap on e-bay and even cheaper replacement coils, so I'll leave tanks & atomisers to others!

Jolleigh Wed 19-Nov-14 14:53:07

Ooh, I had my eye on a vision spinner! It's reassuring that I'm not looking at completely daft things grin.

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 15:12:24

For tanks, I use mini pro tank 3's and their cheaper equivalent from Fastech (but these will take forever to arrive!)
For coils, I use a naturevape coil, which is one you replace the wick on. Super easy, you just pull out old cotton wool, clean and add new cotton wool. I also use a naturevape mini tank.

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 15:21:22

I would recommend this:
www.naturevape.co.uk/store/?age-verified=fee8bbf034#!/N-Vape-Mini-Pro/p/33067873/category=8530335
It comes with a coil and cotton.

And this:
myepack.co.uk/clearomizers/kanger-mini-protank-3.html

But with this type of coil:
www.naturevape.co.uk/store/?age-verified=fee8bbf034#!/NatureVape-DCD-Pro-Coil-Dual-Coil-Devices/p/34901032/category=8507589
The above coils are popular so only in stock weds/sat

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 15:22:05

And clearly buy a rainbow spinner so the pink and purple tanks you buy match smile

Jolleigh Wed 19-Nov-14 16:22:21

It is the rainbow spinner I have my eye on! My cigtronica battery is black so I was after a bit of colour and variable voltage. Thanks!

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 16:50:00

Here is my day to day set up

PolterGoose Wed 19-Nov-14 17:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jolleigh Wed 19-Nov-14 17:45:20

Just dug out the laptop to take a look at these pics smile

I want both. grin I'm sure vaping is supposed to cost me less than smoking but buying juices and new bits seems quite addictive in itself. But I've had just 3 cigs so far today and I'm normally a 20-a-day girl. I'll probably have a few more but it's going in the right direction.

I've got 3 Alchemist juices steeping in my cupboard...lemon meringue pie, work rest and play, and custard tart. I've never steeped before...I'm very excited.

The unicoil...when you say 6 months, is that between wickings or on the whole?

getting extremely jealous of that iStick and nautilus set up

PolterGoose Wed 19-Nov-14 17:53:38

Allergictoironing Wed 19-Nov-14 18:56:35

You'll be glad to hear that the worst of the shiny-itis usually wears off after a while, though shopping accidents will always happen - in my case, usually when I go on Fasttech.

That Lemon Meringue Pie from Alchemist's is divine grin. I could swear you can taste all the 3 main elements of the pie clearly including the hint of pastry!

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 19:00:18

Where did you get your tank Polter? I love the middle metaly part!

PolterGoose Wed 19-Nov-14 19:20:20

Jolleigh Wed 19-Nov-14 19:21:08

Allergic I can smell all 3 elements! It's steeping in the cupboard now but I've had a few whiffs and I can't bloody wait. I've only ever bought cheap single-flavour juices before. I've encountered coffee that tasted like dirty carpets, cherry that tasted the way gone off cherries do, spearmint with pretty much no mint flavour...I could carry on. I've still got them all and I'm considering just throwing them away...they're not fit for much. Got a couple of Triphammer juices on the way too. I think they're Nana's dessert and Danish coffee.

Allergictoironing Wed 19-Nov-14 22:03:43

I think I managed to hang on for 5 whole days with mine! I gather if you keep it in a warm place & give it a good shake a couple of times a day, it steeps a bit faster.....

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 22:21:16

Coconut, Caramel and Hazelnut honey from AC is amazing!

Jolleigh Wed 19-Nov-14 22:38:50

I'm definitely going to have to wait...my battery just ran flat and it appears that my charger has gotten lost in the move. Combined with lack of funds until Monday, I'm an unhappy Jolleigh tonight. There are dirt cheap chargers on various sites but none that will arrive quickly. sad

ineedausername Wed 19-Nov-14 22:41:58

This is exactly why you need more batteries!
Between us, me and OH have:
2 vision spinners
3 small ego ones
1 x MVP 2

I have a pretty strict charging schedule too. and 3 chargers. Look out for cheap kits so you get a spare battery and charger.

Jolleigh Wed 19-Nov-14 22:57:45

Yep, I've been window shopping for that precise purpose! I know that the charger is in my mum's house where my daughter and I were staying until recently. Step dad was very keen to offload us when we moved and it appears that he knows he's seen it, can't remember what he's done with it but can't find it either. Bah! I have my old JacVapour kit here with one of them rechargeable cig sized ones that has the glowing tip when I suck (charger not compatible, I checked) and after having a drag, I definitely know why I upgraded.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Thu 20-Nov-14 08:01:00

You're doing really well, that's a massive reduction! Can you go back to the shop for a charger? If not, if you order online from the UK delivery is usually really quick. Premier usually arrives next day.

Allergictoironing Thu 20-Nov-14 08:04:52

I'm another one who gets twitchy if I don't have spare batteries. Currently have a Spinner 1, a Spinner 2, a Kanger iMOW and a decent sized standard ego available - and there's just me. One goes down, it's on charge right away.

MazzR Fri 21-Nov-14 15:48:01

Ineed where did u get that pretty pretty ecig? I'm sorry, I'm just starting have no clue of the lingo... All I know is I hve my ugly ecig and a charger. Oh and my apple flavour juice. Seems I need to know lots more??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now