Talk

Advanced search

Help what should I buy?

(8 Posts)
umbongoumbongo Sat 15-Nov-14 12:03:28

I only have a few a day (typically 3 although as I'm dealing with a new relationship break up some days has been more recently!) so not a hard core smoker and I make rollies with filter tips.

I tried a light up cig thing a while ago and found it very harsh and similar to smoking straights which I hate.

Also tried a guys vape thing at a festival and liked it (think he'd made the liquid himself).

So what would be a good kit to buy on a budget for this level of usage? And what liquids can you recommend with a low nicotine dose? I'm not into really sweet fruity flavours but the e-cig flavour was just rank. I saw about custard ones on another thread?! Thanks in advance!

Allergictoironing Sat 15-Nov-14 12:38:24

As you're a very light smoker and on a tight budget then this should be fine at least as a starter kit for you.

Regarding liquids this is very much a matter of personal choice, but the list Polter did in this thread covers just about all the premium liquid makers, with Alchemist's Cupboard & Triphammer being my personal favourite. They all do a variety of nicotine levels, 6mg tending to be the lowest, and of course most if not all do zero nicotine

The custard flavour you're seeing referred to in these forums is Grant's Vanilla Custard. The guy makes it rarely so you need to check his website to see when it's next due - then get in quick, 'cause it tends to be sold out in hours!

umbongoumbongo Sat 15-Nov-14 13:09:10

Lovely; thank you very much I will order a kit and have a look at the flavours! Really helpful flowers

umbongoumbongo Sat 15-Nov-14 14:34:04

All ordered! Got a liquid sample pack for £20 so I can test some out before deciding! One is Mars bar flavour...

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sat 15-Nov-14 20:58:43

Good luck umbongo!

umbongoumbongo Sun 23-Nov-14 03:44:20

So far am quite enjoying it so thanks for the kit suggestions! Am cutting down on rollies and vaping more and hope to kill off the rollies totally in a day or two. Rhubarb Crumble with custard is nice!

Allergictoironing Sun 23-Nov-14 08:16:28

A couple of suggestions that might help...

Put the rollie makings in a different room to ones you usually use, then it's the e-cig that is to hand when you fancy one.

I know the savings won't be massive in your case, but still put any savings you make by vaping into a jar or something in cash & watch it add up. Then spend it on something indulgent.

You already seem to be counting the fags you don't smoke rather than those you do, keep it up smile.

umbongoumbongo Sun 23-Nov-14 20:34:48

The cold weather is really helping as don't want to go outside! I think vaping is actually more expensive at the moment but health and smell wise obviously better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now