Talk

Advanced search

New Eicig smoker, need some help

(11 Posts)
OkyDoke Tue 11-Nov-14 14:56:38

Hello!

Have been smoking Aspire e-cig for nearly a week but for the last couple of days I've not een able to inhale much, it's just bubbling and spitting at me? It's also getting boiling hot.

Is this normal? How can I fix it? I really want to go and buy some cigarettes right about now sad

Allergictoironing Tue 11-Nov-14 15:10:15

Aspire do a decent sized range of tanks & kits, so to tell exactly what could be wrong would be difficult without knowing which one it is. However the first thing to check is that the tank is clear & the wicks haven't gunked up or lots of liquid got into the main tube you vape through. If you have a spare tank then try swapping on to that & see if it makes a difference, or if spare coils came with the kit try changing that?

OkyDoke Tue 11-Nov-14 15:18:09

Oh I don't know which it is sad will look at manual when I get back home. I don't really know what you mean by the rest though. It doesn't have any visible wicks, it's just a metal tube in the middle. No spare anythings...

Allergictoironing Tue 11-Nov-14 15:29:00

Does the metal tube bit you draw through come out? If so, take that out then try very gently poking something like a cheapo (and therefore skinny) cotton bud down the tube that will reveal, or even a screwed up corner of tissue or kitchen roll. If that comes away with liquid on it, that means you got liquid down the tube (very easy to do, I do it loads) which could be causing your problems.

OkyDoke Tue 11-Nov-14 15:32:12

Okay, I will try that when I get home! Five hours of work to battle through smile

It is a chamber you put the liquid in through the base where it connects to battery. So I need to avoid getting the liquid in the tube part. I really know nothing about these!

Allergictoironing Tue 11-Nov-14 17:49:44

Don't worry - we all started out from a position of total ignorance. At least on this forum (as opposed to some of the dedicated vaping forums) you get no willy-waving "my kit is bigger/more expensive than yours" and no snobbery about what kit you use or if you don't know stuff smile.
Keep asking the questions, none are too silly.

You're right in that you need to avoid getting the liquid into the tube part when you fill your tank. The accepted technique is to take the bottom out then tilt the tank slightly to one side, then you can sort of dribble the liquid so it runs down the inside of the tank & doesn't get into the tube. If that IS the problem, you can either clear it out or if you have problems then vape through it (though cleaning is the preferred option). Just watch out for part of the end of the cotton bud getting left behind in the tube, that's caught me out before. If you do leave part of it behind, you can just poke it out with the (now much thinner) end it came off.

PolterGoose Tue 11-Nov-14 18:54:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OkyDoke Wed 12-Nov-14 11:06:22

Thanks everyone! I'm struggling to post a pic but I'll keep trying as now it's just leaking all over the place! Everything obvious seems to be tightened up.

PolterGoose Wed 12-Nov-14 11:29:33

OkyDoke Wed 12-Nov-14 19:28:56

www.ecigwizard.com/aspire-bvc-clearomiser-2797.html

Its this chamber.

PolterGoose Wed 12-Nov-14 19:52:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now