Talk

Advanced search

Vaping help

(10 Posts)
CluelessNewbie1 Sat 08-Nov-14 21:19:06

I want to stop smoking. I've had enough. I want to try vaping to support my efforts to stop. There seems to be too much choice. Can anyone in the know tell me what I should be getting? I smoke about 15 a day at the moment.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sat 08-Nov-14 22:05:24

Hi Clueless, how much do you want to spend?

This is £8 and very good for the price, if you just want to try something to see if vaping is for you. If you take to it, you'll need another battery very soon.

this is £28.99 and contains everything you'll need for a long time.

There's better kit out there but these are good enough to get you started. If vaping works for you, come back and let us help you spend more money! grin

If you smoke about 15 a day I would recommend starting on 18mg liquid.

Polter did a good list of eliquid suppliers here

I get most of mine from Premier eliquid - £2/10ml which should last you a few days.

Good luck and do come back with any questions smile

CluelessNewbie1 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:09:25

Thank you so much that's a great help.

magimedi Sun 09-Nov-14 10:39:36

I would also say that it might be worth popping into your local vape shop (if you have one near you). The independent ones are usually very friendly & wil lshow you how it all works & often let you try a couple of liquids to see which you like.

Hope it all goes well & any problems come & ask us - no question is too silly - we've all been beginners at vaping.

CluelessNewbie1 Sun 09-Nov-14 20:17:19

Thanks so much. I've ordered one.. Will be back with more questions when it arrives as I have no idea how you use them!

magimedi Sun 09-Nov-14 23:05:12

We'll be here to help .

Plenty is the thread expert.

CluelessNewbie1 Tue 11-Nov-14 12:12:28

Hi again... Its arrived and I've set it up. This might be a really stupid question but when and how often do the 'bits' need replacing? And should I clean out the bit that the liquid goes in?

Allergictoironing Tue 11-Nov-14 13:25:12

Hi Clueless. The battery should last around 6-12 months depending on use, how often you charge it, quality etc. The tank part should last anything from 2-6 weeks, again depending on use - it's the coil that dies first with these.
You should be able to replace the coil on either of the tanks supplied in the kits that plenty recommended, which works out much cheaper than replacing the whole tank. smile

CluelessNewbie1 Tue 11-Nov-14 14:06:42

Thanks! So how do I know when the tank needs replacing?

Allergictoironing Tue 11-Nov-14 15:03:35

You'll either get much less vapour, or it will die completely on you. Sometimes when things start to taste burnt that's the coil on the way out, but try cleaning it first as that could just be the wicks gunked up a bit.

It's always worth having a spare battery & a tank or two lying about, otherwise total disaster when something dies and you don't have a spare! [eek]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now