Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else find that they can no longer taste their vape flavours?

(5 Posts)
burblefiretwixt Fri 07-Nov-14 16:51:33

I've been vaping for about 3 weeks now. I've got on really well with it and found no need for a normal cigarette (in fact, the smell of them when I pass someone in the street smoking makes me feel ill and wonder what on earth possessed me to smoke in the first place!). I've been buying my liquids from a shop in town where I bought my vapouriser, they have a large selection of flavours (although all of them are sweet). I have now found that I can't taste the flavours at all and am thinking it must be because I taste buds have gotten immune to it.

Do other people have experience of this? Or are there some brands that you could recommend where this does not happen.

TIA

Allergictoironing Fri 07-Nov-14 17:25:40

I tend to lose a bit of flavour sometimes, but I find swapping regularly overcomes this even with similar flavours.

The vast majority of non-tobacco flavours are sweet, because despite a few being made & tried they found that just about no-one liked the savoury ones - even people who really liked savoury flavours normally hated them.

Letthemtalk Fri 07-Nov-14 21:11:32

"Vaper's tongue" is very common for new capers apparently. Try some strong menthol flavours, and keep going, the taste will come back.

magimedi Fri 07-Nov-14 22:55:25

I have stuck to the same liquid for two whole years & have never had this problem.

But I am odd - only like the one juice - The Sherlock is my one true love!

PolterGoose Sat 08-Nov-14 08:34:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now