Talk

Advanced search

New Evod battery not charging

(13 Posts)
NanTheWiser Sat 13-Sep-14 16:59:51

Thanks to all the advice given here, I finally ordered my Evod starter pack (as recommended here) which arrived yesterday. I cannot get the batteries to charge!! I ordered the wall charger with my kit, but whatever I try, nothing seems to work. The lights on the charger and wall adapter stay green, the battery lights up 3 times, but nothing is happening.

I've googled the problem and have cleaned contacts (with gin), and very tentatively tried lifting the pin (don't want to damage it), still no joy. I'm not sure how tight to screw it, so haven't screwed it really tight.

It's the same whether I try it with the wall charger, or through the PC's USB, and I'm getting a bit pissed off with it now.

Any advice?

Allergictoironing Sat 13-Sep-14 17:03:42

Evod batteries need to be turned on (and can be turned off), by clicking the button 5 times in very quick succession - have you tried that?

NanTheWiser Sat 13-Sep-14 17:06:33

Hi Allergic, yes, I've done that - zilch!

Allergictoironing Sat 13-Sep-14 17:43:59

And you are holding the button down while vaping aren't you? I know these are basic questions, but I have seen pretty awful or even non-existent instructions so that bit can be easy to miss!

NanTheWiser Sat 13-Sep-14 18:02:29

Oh yay! it's working! Are the batteries already charged when they arrive? I thought they needed charging first - what a numptie I am! Seems I was trying to charge a full battery!

So now off to start vaping, with RY4 to begin with, and a few flavours to try after...

Thanks for your help - any more probs I'll be back!

Allergictoironing Sat 13-Sep-14 18:33:52

No problem Nan, feel free to keep asking smile. Good luck with it...

Most do come with some charge & often a full charge, though I tend to automatically put mine on for a bit when I get new ones!

PolterGoose Sun 14-Sep-14 11:22:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NanTheWiser Sun 14-Sep-14 11:29:20

Clicking the button 5 times didn't work - after a lot of googling, found that sometimes it needs far more button clicks to switch it on first time, but all OK now.

Blink1982 Fri 03-Oct-14 00:13:19

Theres a techniwue to clicking it on and off, 6m down the line i still struggle to do the clicks quick or slow enough!

Aesteva Wed 31-May-17 03:40:57

Hi! I just bought a new kanger tech battery. I thought it needs charging since it blinks 3 times when i tried vaping with it. I plugged it in but the light stays green. I have tried the 5 and 6 times and nothing. My charger works with other batteries, tried another charger and i get the same. Is thos normal for this first time?

TrevorMcDoughnut Wed 31-May-17 11:11:08

Could be resistance of your coil is too low for whatever kanger battery you have or it's shorting out or it's broken. What type battery/atomiser/tank are you using? Try a higher resistance coil if you can.

Aesteva Wed 31-May-17 13:59:39

thank you Trevor,
I have the ego atomizer with the twist battery, encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRASlaaagh6uUsCKgqk2QYmft5M4cZiOa6mQK7KdPXg6P2CsqHx

but just got a new kangertech battery evod and it does not charge nor it works on any of the atomizers I have. I wonder if it is normal for the charger to remain green on the first charging for the battery????

TrevorMcDoughnut Wed 31-May-17 17:44:50

Looking at an old user manual for evods 1st charge should be for 8 hours even if light goes green. Use for 20 mins, charge for another hour even if light goes green. Not all lost yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now