Talk

Advanced search

Your local vape shop. List them here!

(38 Posts)
magimedi Thu 24-Apr-14 22:40:25

I think they really need supporting.

Please list yours here.

Yes, it is a bit cheaper to buy on line, but if you are starting out the help & support you will get from them is worth the extra couple of quid your kit will cost you. I would never have managed without the help & patience shown by the people in there.

Therefore I give you my local independent vape shop, run by the lovely Kate, Torren (& sometimes Barry).

https://www.facebook.com/thevapourroom

member Fri 25-Apr-14 10:09:25

Mine is here

In a different town from me but does a market stall which is where I tried flavours & bought my starter kit. More established vapers were also hanging around to offer advice/encouragement.

FurryDogMother Fri 25-Apr-14 14:37:15

This is the one I use in Brighton: The Vaping Vault. Jane and Paul are very friendly and helpful, and the Pelle mods and juices they supply are lovely!

magimedi Fri 25-Apr-14 15:34:12

member - Love the name of yours & its logo.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sat 26-Apr-14 11:13:32

Can't link as I am on phone, but it is called "Emporium Vapour" and is in the Forge in Glasgow, they also have a website and a shop in Edinburgh, I think there is one in Falkirk too. smile

Jux Wed 07-May-14 00:36:08

There's a new Liberty Flights shop in North End Road in Fulham, London. wish it were local to me (I have London envy!). It's just opened, so probably need a fair bit of support if anyone's looking for London-based shops.

Raia Wed 07-May-14 08:33:20

Ooooo, Jux that's not far from me! Thank you!

Womble1975 Wed 07-May-14 09:42:08

((https://govapour.com/shop/))
This is my local shop in Andover. Lovely staff and stock a huge range.

Jux Wed 07-May-14 13:29:18

Raia, can I come and live with you? grin I seriously miss the place.

Raia Wed 07-May-14 21:39:17

grin jux, maybe we could do a swap? Sometimes London really does my head in!

Jux Thu 08-May-14 09:45:34

grin

Optimist1 Fri 09-May-14 09:21:55

In Kingston-on-Thames this one is highly recommended. Not a walk-in shop, but premises in a small business unit and customers are welcome, and free on-street parking nearby.

Ordering online is a breeze and Adam always manages next-day delivery (even on the occasion I called him on the phone in a panic one day at about 4:30pm).

Optimist1 Fri 09-May-14 09:26:00

Oh no! Have just seen on website I linked to above that Adam's business is about to relocate to Hammersmith!!! (Will continue to order online, though).

DialsMavis Fri 09-May-14 14:50:16

My friends have opened a vape shop today! I might be helping out in there sometimes. It's called The London Vapour Company and it's in Northfields in Ealing.

Raia Fri 09-May-14 17:18:26

I went down to the Liberty Flights shop in Fulham today and it was so devoid of stock I thought they hadn't opened yet, but it was open. Hardly anything in there, just a few evod batteries (not even vv), a couple of types of clearo and about 20 flavours of juice rattling around in an almost empty shop. Very odd and disappointing!

SoleSource Tue 13-May-14 18:05:34

Maypole V Vaper behind Subway, door at the back infront of the car park. Advertised in the estate agents window.

Birmingham.

Maypole
Unit 4b
Maypole Retail Park
Birmingham
B14 5JF

SoleSource Tue 13-May-14 18:05:58

vvapour.co.uk/contact/

SpringItOn Thu 15-May-14 17:29:30

This is the one I use in Sheffield if there are any northern vapers.

LumionaMoonsplash Thu 15-May-14 18:28:10

No Match they have stores dotted around the NW. I used the Warrington one, really nice guy who talked me through and let me try loads of flavours.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sat 17-May-14 20:02:06

So today I visited SMOKE-IT in Greenwich and I was not that impressed tbh.

Good points: Staff were friendly, they are one of very few vape shops in London and best of all they had an EFVI box on the front counter. They let us try juices before we bought.

Bad points: I asked what brands of juice they had and they said they mixed their own. We asked what PG/VG mix and they didn't seem to know. We bought 10ml of champagne flavour at what we thought was 18mg. Once we had left the store and unpacked it, it was clearly hangsen (at twice the price we normally pay), although poorly labelled. The blue top indicates it's actually 12mg. DH who vaped it said he thought 12mg, not 18. No indication of nicotine strength on the label, just 'high' strength. Doesn't even say 'contains nicotine'!

We didn't look much at the kit they had, it was mostly ego kits in glass cases without price labels on. Looking at their website I would say they are massively overpriced, e.g. 350mah battery for £15, CE4 clearomiser for £5.

The consensus among MN vapers is 'support your local bricks and mortar shop'. I'm going to break with that consensus and say support your local B&M if they offer good advice and reasonable value but be careful there are a lot of new vape businesses looking to make a fast buck and some of them have little knowledge of the goods they are selling and are very poor value. Just because they have paid rent on a property doesn't mean they are some sort of charity that deserves our uncritical support.

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 17-May-14 20:13:15

I use Caugt the Vapors, Burbank. It's great. Doubt there's many people here on MN, though!

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 17-May-14 20:17:02

Oh, and it's made great by the lovely Carl and Joey in particular. Very helpful, very welcoming!

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 17-May-14 23:59:52

*caught

Perihelion Sun 18-May-14 21:49:46

That's so shite Plenty. If it didn't say contains nicotine, did it also not have warnings on the label/bottle?....unless there was actually no nicotine in it. I've just checked and all bottles I've purchased have skull and crossbones symbol,toxic if swallowed and very toxic on skin and the triangle ( for blind people ? )

Sadly places like that make the case for tighter regulations.sad

Fucking cheeky, passing off Hangsen as their on blend too.

lisavape Sat 28-Feb-15 10:45:15

I used a website called eCig Directory which can be found at ecigdirectory.co.uk they have 100s of shops listed all around the UK. Hope you all have success using vaping to give up smoking because I have been off the cigarettes for over a year now and found they work a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now