Talk

Advanced search

Help needed - Big Day tommorrow

(7 Posts)
bumpylump Thu 18-Aug-05 06:34:07

After a year of DP driving 100 miles to see his DS twice a week we finally start official visits this weekend. He will be 4 next month, this is why I could really use some advice from Step parents or mothers of 3/4 yr olds.
1. This will be the first time I've met him.
2. He has got to be introduced to his 4 month old brother he knows nothing about.
3. I dont know any 3/4 yr old boys so am worried about what games to play, food to buy, things to buy him so he will feel at home here.

Any help greatly appreciated

How would you recommend he is introduced to us both? Any suggestions to make him feel comfortable?

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 07:25:42

He needs to be for worned about the baby I think? Maybe Daddy could have a chat about the nice suprise in the car on way? Just be yourself though, you cant keep up an act for ever so just relax. If he is horrid to you etc, just smile and continue to be nice to him! Kids are funny.
Treat him as you would your own. He needs to know the rules too, but just relax and enjoy. Maybe plan a trip to park or farm or something with a picnic?

bumpylump Thu 18-Aug-05 09:06:00

Thanks mumtosomeone will plan a Picnic for Saturday in a place where there are lots of swings/slides etc.
He is apparantly quite shy to talk to but he loves playing, without having all of his toys around here I need to dust off the old imagination a bit...I should have paid more attention to Play School

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 10:33:57

spend today watching cbeebies..then you know whats what!!!
Just put your feet up and watch all day..you are preparing and no one can argue!!!!
Hope it goes ok

bumpylump Thu 18-Aug-05 10:42:57

would u recommend getting any safety equipment for the home at that age? I'm off to get a huge supply of food, spiderman plate, waterproof mattress protector etc, just dont want to miss anything important.

mumtosomeone Thu 18-Aug-05 10:47:50

he is 4? Well he should be ok on stairs and in bed. Would hope he would know not to stick fingers in sockets etc! no I think you are ok!
Is he into spiderman? Why not buy some special pj's for at your house?!!

bumpylump Thu 18-Aug-05 20:27:32

Any advice from other Mums of 3/4 yr olds? I have bought the Batman PJ's, Bob the Builder spagetti & a a few colouring books etc from his new brother, I spent over 2 hrs in the Supermarket looking at everything from cerials to buscuits trying to second guess what he'd like and ended up spending a fortune, felt stupid as really havnt got a clue on this age group.

DP is telling me to just relax but this first weekend is so important to create a good impression I am desperate for him to like me. how should I greet him tommorrow? I dont think I have ever been so nervous about meeting someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now