Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are you out there?

(10 Posts)
LooptheLoop Sun 26-Jun-05 22:17:57

Hi just wondered how some of you are doing - Squirrel, Sadsam, Suferman, Tarantula et al? I really liked reading your posts and hope you are doing well. Sadly I feel the tone of this site has changed and unfortunately won't be posting again. Hope life treats you well and good luck for the future. xxx

Surfermum Sun 26-Jun-05 22:35:29

Hi LtL, I'm still here! Currently trying to sort out our summer holidays with BM. Waiting for her to agree the dates we have asked to have dsd, and we're trying to go abroad. We got a very cheap deal to Majorca last year as my neice worked out there. BM wouldn't allow dsd to come with us and she was very disappointed. We'd like to go again or to France camping, but BM has just told dh that he will have to go to Court if he wants permission, having intimated earlier in the year that she would agree this year. Poor dsd is very torn between wanting to go on a plane and not upsetting her mum. Still compared to some of the things I read on here that's nothing .... and if I end up on some fantastic surfing beach in Cornwall I won't be too disappointed!

I'm sorry you feel things have changed LtL, I'm sure things will settle down again. Whatever you decide, we'll still be here if you need our support again. Well I will, I'm sure, can't keep away from the darned placed. All the best.

Nelli29 Mon 27-Jun-05 09:20:35

Sorry to hear you feel that way looptheloop, although I have to agree with you. Like surfermum has said, I'm sure things will settle down again and return to being the friendly helpful site it was!! xxx

SadSam Mon 27-Jun-05 10:41:26

Hi Loop the Loop, Im sorry I havent been on here for a while, unfortunately I have been signed off work sick for 4 weeks and havent really been feeling up to reminiscing over the "crap" namely my stepchildren problems and BM that have contributed to me feeling so ill.

I too have felt that this site is not what it used to be and I hope it will go back to the happy site it used to be. I have realised how miserable being a stepmum can be sometimes and although I love my stepchildren desperately and I try so hard, I find it very hard to get anyone apart from people on this site to understand quite what being a stepmum is like and how hard it is! My DP does not see it from my point of view and BM is intent on making my/our life hell! The children are growing up so fast and are being corrupted by their mother. They show me no respect at all and I feel that I dont see why I should carry on paying both in money terms and emotional terms for his "baggage" when I get absolutely nothing out of it!

Please Loop keep on talking here, I will endeavour to keep chatting on here and will miss the likes of you to talk to.

LittleStarsweeper Mon 27-Jun-05 10:48:10

Sadsam, I understand, I just cant ever have a good natter without my threads being intruded with nastiness. LtL, please dont go. what on earth has upset you so badly to make you feel this low?

LittleStarsweeper Mon 27-Jun-05 10:51:56

Sadsam, it is tough. Does DH not chastise the children when they are disrespectful?

SadSam Mon 27-Jun-05 10:56:00

Hi LSS, thank you for your messages. I think LTL is referring to certain people that are making hurtful comments and opinions when they dont know what they are talking about!

My DP is too scared to be too hard on the children as he only sees them once a month. They live nearly 200 miles away and as their mother is determined to turn them against me/us at every opportunity he just likes to try and keep the peace. He doesnt want them going away after a weekend hating him and moaning to their mother. The children are generally not nasty to me, but I just dont get any pleases, thank yous, hellos, goodnights etc etc and I find it so hard as I love them so much and just wish they could respect and like me back. xx

LittleStarsweeper Mon 27-Jun-05 11:03:12

MMm, not sure what age they are but you mustnt try too hard. I recognise that you may feel like the intruder in this whole set up and you know it is not worth feeling that. I understand DP feels he doesnt want to give them a hard time when they visit but I started to become resentful which doesnt help your relationship. DP needs to know that you are not an occasional doormat to be used by his kids because he feels bad for not seeing them so often.

SadSam Mon 27-Jun-05 11:10:56

I know exactly where you are coming from LSS and you hit it spot on.... I do feel resentful of my DP sometimes. I love him so much, but sometimes I hate the complications that he has brought to my life.

Squirrel3 Mon 27-Jun-05 12:40:30

Looptheloop, I'm here pleeeeeease come baaaaaack!!! We need you!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now