Talk

Advanced search

first meeting

(6 Posts)
clairetaylor Sun 08-May-05 18:03:07

Can anyone provide any tips on the first meeting of a [potential] step child? She's only a baby but I want to make sure that i'm as prepared as possible. I'm very aware that I could be her step mother in time and as I have no children of my own I don't really know what to expect or how i'll feel ...

marne Sun 08-May-05 18:11:11

How old is she? just relax and be yourself, im sure you will be fine. I have 3 step kids, i can remember the first time i met them, it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. At least shes only a baby so you wont get all the questions.

clairetaylor Sun 08-May-05 18:16:35

She's 8 months old - I know its daft I'm just really nervous that she won't respond to me or that I'll get too attached early on or something. We're also wondering where to meet - I think neutral territory would be easiest for me, but I'm not sure that that should be the priority ...

marne Sun 08-May-05 18:28:31

Maybe you could take her out somewhere, thats what we did. My sd got attached to me after seeing her a few times but she was 3 years old. Im sure you will be fine once you meet her. Im got attached to them and now i think of them and treat them as my own.

clairetaylor Sun 08-May-05 18:36:02

Thanks for the advice ... I think we will go out somewhere. I'm just realising that this is just the beginning ... Do your step kids all live with you?

marne Sun 08-May-05 18:42:21

No, they dont live far away, they come over at the weekend. Wish they did live with us as there mother is doing a bad job at bringing them up (SORY, REALY HATE HER), hope evrything goes well, im sure it will.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: