Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Happy stepmum

(2 Posts)
wild Mon 18-Apr-05 13:35:34

I have known my dsson for a few years now and he is a lot more relaxed with me than he used to be, I love him dearly but it's always been an odd relationship to label, he lives with his mum and I'm more like an aunt/friend/big sister. I used to think he didn't want to show a lot of fondness of me as his first loyalty is of couse to mum. I have never trespassed on this, and I've always been friendly and polite with her and only ever said positive things about her. Anyway dp, ds and I picked him up from football training at the weekend and the opportunity arose for him to introduce us to the coach, I wondered how he was going to handle it and he said 'this is my family' I was so

otto Mon 18-Apr-05 14:16:38

That's really nice of him to do that. It's always a bit tricky trying to explain these situations to other people. My stepdaughter is 10 and people always assumes she is my daughter. We always joke about having t-shirts printed saying 'she's not my mum' and 'she's not my daughter'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now