Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS)

(3 Posts)
SadSam Mon 21-Mar-05 14:38:17

I found two great websites today:- www.coeffic.demon.co.uk/pas.htm and www.fnf.org.uk/stan.htm They have opened my eyes to the behaviour of BMs. There is apparantly a "syndrome" called PAS (Parental Alienation Syndrome) where BMs try and "brainwash" their kids into not wanting to spend time with their father/stepmother. It is legally recognised in the courts now and the main behaviour patterns of the mother are:- Arguing, hostile silence, restricted communication, no communication and hostile action! PAS is apparently most common in women with some form of emotional illness, in most cases the mother needs help and apparently only a small percentage of mothers who indulge in PAS are normal, stable and independant. Medically PAS is a form of emotional child abuse, legally PAS is recognised as a behaviour pattern for "brainwashing"!

I found these websites intriguing and they have totally opened my eyes. I would recommend that anyone who has problems with BM to read them! xx

jojo38 Tue 05-Apr-05 22:51:49

I posted something similar about a year ago, not many have heard of such a thing. It can also be called Malicious Mother Syndrome.. again, an illness.
It certainly is an eye opener, but with spermdonors like my children have, it can be a blessing in disguise at times.
Thanks for this, I hope others are also made aware of the dangers.

SadSam Fri 15-Apr-05 09:52:09

Thanks Jojo, Im so glad someone else has heard of this, I was beginning to think I was the only one. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now