Talk

Advanced search

Do you.......

(8 Posts)
talie101 Sun 21-Sep-08 10:21:00

allow your stepchildren to sleep in the same bed as you?

My dd's have just come back and said they spent the night in bed with xh and his partner....I'm not sure how I feel about this?!

AuntieMaggie Sun 21-Sep-08 10:35:12

Depends how old they are, but they slept in bed with their dad (I assume) so don't see that there's any real problem with it depending on why they did it.

Did they spend the whole night or did they get in early this morning?

ElenorRigby Sun 21-Sep-08 11:42:55

Absolutely not!

bratnav Sun 21-Sep-08 11:46:26

We let both my DDs (6,5) and DSD (4) come in and snuggle in the mornings, DP and I just make sure we are wearing PJs

Surfermum Sun 21-Sep-08 18:13:25

We've all laid in bed and watched a DVD or telly, and I've done it on my own with DSD and a huge bowl of popcorn while watching something, and dh has come home and found us both asleep and had to carry her to bed.

Were they staying over somewhere where they needed to share or something?

mistressmiggins Sun 21-Sep-08 20:12:46

my DCs are 6 & 4 and have been staying with exH and OW for last 2 yrs.
I know they get into bed with them.

Its fine - its their dad & his GF and they are young & want cuddles.

They come & get into bed with me & DP - DP is always wearing underwear - Im not - they are my kids.

To me the English are too hung up over the naked body. MY DSD (11) has moved in so I am careful to wear clothes so I dont embarrass her.

To be honest, isnt it great they feel comfortable enough to get into bed? Doesnt it show that the kids have adapted?
Believe me - I understand as my exH is still with OW but I accept that they are together & am happy my DCs feel comfortable.

I would be more concerned if they came home saying they werent allowed as it would suggest my DCs were being treated unfairly.

When I first met DH DSD was 2.5 (she's now 16) and she used to sleep in the bed with us when she stayed over. This was partly because we lived in a 1 bedroomed flat so there was nowhere else for her to sleep really.

From a mother's point of view I would be livid if one of my kids slept in a bed with they're Step parents, but from a step parent's point of view, nowt wrong with it really. DH's ex didn't have a problem with it as it meant we could have her overnight more and she could go out on the lash more.

Notsoseriousanymore Mon 22-Sep-08 16:09:06

My step kids have slept in the same bed as us but only ever by their request.

I don't think either of my step kids would ever tell their mum they felt OK to do that, but I am glad that they do (did!) they are far too old for that now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now