Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have a dsd older than they could have biologically had?

(11 Posts)
loudmouthmum Mon 25-Aug-08 23:20:50

After 4 years of being with my current partner, I have a very good relationship with my 2 Dsd's, but sometimes, I get a little weirded out by the fact that Dsd1 was born when I was 14 (her mum is only 1 year older than me). I had my dd when I was 16 (I'm 27 now), and it's hard enough bringing her up, as I wasn't REALLY old enough to have her! I love my dsd's to pieces, and they are the same in return (dsd1 calls me mum2),but she's older than I could biologically have given birth to. Has anyone else got any tips for this situation & also for when she becomes a teenager next year, as I'm a little worried that when her dad moves in, we have to squish everyone into 3 very small rooms at weekends and holidays, her becoming a teenager might change the good relationship that we have now?

AccidentalMum Wed 27-Aug-08 22:06:20

My DD is 12 and I'm 27...and I was a late developer hehe so it does feel weird. Se's the same age as my youngest sister and her mum is only a few years off mine. TBH though, she thought I was way cool, until DD1 came along...now I'm just another old person I think.

AccidentalMum Wed 27-Aug-08 22:07:23

Sorry...my DSD is 12 (honest mistake...I am obviously top quality devoted stepmum eh! wink)

TrinityRhino Wed 27-Aug-08 22:08:47

my dss's are 21 and 22

I am 30

we get on great

Kelix Mon 01-Sep-08 13:47:31

My dsd is 12 and I am 23. We did get on fine, until her mum decided otherwise

Anna8888 Mon 01-Sep-08 13:48:57

Not me, but a friend of mine's stepmother is younger than her. They do not really get on at all.

emanon Tue 02-Sep-08 22:54:43

My dsd is 29 and I am 41. We have a great relationship.

TheHedgeWitch Thu 04-Sep-08 10:05:58

Message withdrawn

dinasaw Sun 14-Sep-08 23:14:53

My dss's are almost 16 and 18. I just turned 30.
It's been weird and still is. Going to parent's evenings at school is interesting.

Carmenere Sun 14-Sep-08 23:20:48

My dsd is 21, I'm 38. So not impossible at all but very unlikely as none of my contemporaries had dc's before their 30's. I feel far too young to be a parental figure but it works well as dp is 50 and I act as a kind of bridge between the ages. He might hit the roof about something (drink, drugs ect) and I, because being young and irresponsible is not such a distant memory, am able to tell him to chill a bit.

My DSD is 16 and I'm 30. It can be a little weird most of the time I feel more like her big sister than a "mother figure". Although DH is only 34 so it's hard enough for him when disciplining her. It is rather funny though if DH and DSD take DD1 (5) and DD2 (2) out without me as Dsd looks a little older than 16 they do get some funny looks. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now