Talk

Advanced search

The nicer side of step-families.

(6 Posts)
Carmenere Mon 04-Aug-08 21:49:55

Dsd arrived to stay for the month yesterday. Her mum had packed LOADS of lovely freshly washed and ironed hand-me-downs for ddsmile How nice was that?

ChasingSquirrels Mon 04-Aug-08 21:51:29

And how lovely that you are appreciative
Gives me hope for the future!

bamboostalks Mon 04-Aug-08 21:54:05

That is lovely, my dsd's mum is expecting and I will do the same if she has a girl.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 04-Aug-08 21:55:24

That was lovely. So much nicer when everyone can get on.

Carmenere Mon 04-Aug-08 22:00:39

Well it makes sense doesn't it? I occasionally buy dsd clothes when she is here, figuring that it has to help her mum on some level. I mean we are all members of the same weird fractional family and the pot is limited so I am thrilled with the beautiful French clothes for dd (dsd lives in Paris). And we obviously have quite similar taste which helpswink I'm sure I'd be less enthusiastic if I was getting bags of Playboy clothing........

youcannotbeserious Mon 04-Aug-08 22:52:49

CArmenere - that's lovely (both that she sent the clothes and you were appreciative!)

I also feel that we are all members of some odd sort of extended family, moreso now that my DS is here and my DS and DSDs are related.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now