loader

Talk

Advanced search

malibugirl

(4 Posts)
jammi Tue 15-Jul-08 12:31:26

Message withdrawn

Malibugirl Tue 15-Jul-08 12:55:07

Hi Jammi. Thanks so much for that, I will definately get him to do that this week.

We live so far away from the children (nearly 200 miles) that we only have them once a month and (through solicitors) a set weekend each month. We were due to have them when DSS had his play but their mother cancelled us until the following weekend saying that DSS didn't want us to go to the play (which we later found out wasn't true and that she had just ordered tickets for her and her boyfriend). Its so unfair. I dont understand why she has to be like that. If her boyfriend (who the children dont like very much) is able to go then I dont see why their father (and me) aren't allowed to go.

We dont even get told about the school photos anymore. She used to tell us about them and we would send a cheque for some copies, but we haven't had any for the last 2 years. When we ask the children about them they just shrug and say they dont know.

We dont get told if they are ill and DH is only allowed to phone them up once a week, the same time and day each week!

Its so wrong, he is missing so much of their life yet he is such a good father and loves them so much.

Thanks once again, your advice has been invaluable.

jammi Tue 15-Jul-08 13:03:42

Message withdrawn

Malibugirl Tue 15-Jul-08 13:23:24

That exactly what their mother says, that he is a crap dad! He's such a good dad and it was her that split with him not the other way round. He never wanted to leave his kids, unfortunately though he ended up getting a good job so far away, but he needed it to keep up with the CSA payments.

Yes there are three children all together, but the eldest is nearly 20 so he's old enough to keep in touch with his dad when he wants to. The others are DSS 11 and DSD 9 (nearly 10). She used to send their reports for DH to look at each month, but we dont even get that now either. What makes me laugh is, she's quick enough to phone or email when they need new school uniforms or money for school trips, but that is about the only involvement she lets him have.

DSS 11 starts big school in September and I want to make sure that DH is kept up to date with all that is going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now