Talk

Advanced search

Can I share with you what happened with my stepchild today?

(9 Posts)
ChompingHell Wed 15-Jan-20 09:01:55

I just had to share this with someone because I'm so chuffed!

I've wrote on here before about how I've struggled, not with DSC themselves, but just the general hiccups of being a stepmother, blended family etc...

I've really tried hard to keep a respectful distance whilst being welcoming, kind, interested etc... And I've developed a nice little bond with DSC.

Today though, they asked for a hug! For the first time ever.

It's only something small of course but I just feel so happy and like I might be starting to get the hang of this.

I know there may be issues in the future, other bumps in the road but for today I just wanted to share something special smile

OP’s posts: |
SeaViewBliss Wed 15-Jan-20 09:08:15

That's so lovely. You are obviously taking a great approach and forming a good bond. Its nice to hear of someone putting the child first.

I know blending families can be massively stressful so its great to hear a positive story.

alwaysmovingforwards Wed 15-Jan-20 09:47:54

Aah good for you, you're doing a great job.

BlastEndedSkrewt Wed 15-Jan-20 09:52:07

brilliant, it is really difficult especially if (like myself) you don't have children of your own.

It's taken me on a learning curve for sure :-)

lunar1 Wed 15-Jan-20 10:36:45

You sound lovely, and patient. Always nice to read the positive stories.

ChompingHell Wed 15-Jan-20 10:42:18

Thank you for indulging me in my little jump for joy grin

I, of course, must act like it's totally normal and not make a big fuss in real life as not to scare them away 😂

But yes, it made do a little skip after they'd left!

OP’s posts: |
surlecoup Wed 15-Jan-20 12:40:05

Sometimes i feel like steparenting is like playing a computer game with a zillion levels. You definitely just moved up a level ;-)

HappyStep1 Thu 16-Jan-20 11:42:03

Congratulations! I remember my first hug, the joy is wonderful.

It's a tough gig being a step, you're clearly doing a great job flowers

Cheeeeesecaaaaakkkeeee Sat 18-Jan-20 00:06:25

This is great!!! It’s so good to see positive and lovely things with step parents on here!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »