Talk

Advanced search

opinions/advice please

(4 Posts)
tess01 Wed 11-Jul-07 10:11:27

My dd who is 15 lives with her dad, she text me on the weekend saying that her step sister who is 16 was nearly raped by her granddad on the weekend, i dont no any more than this. From what my dd has said her ss doesnt want to inform police, mum or step dad. I have not spoken to my ex in a few months so i dont think it would be appreciated to be hear about this from me. My question is do a let them no what my daughter has told me or respect the fact that the young lady in question is 16 and knows her own mind.

macdoodle Wed 11-Jul-07 10:14:44

Police and social services now - both children at risk

TaylorsMummy Wed 11-Jul-07 10:55:01

omg,is your daughter living with the grandad?? you have to speak to your ex whether you want to or not and if it were me i would be straight on the phone to social services/police.i would not be leaving my 15 year old dd in that situation or her step sister for that matter.i don't believe a 16 yr old that is being abused does 'know her own mind' she needs protecting. how awful

tess01 Wed 11-Jul-07 11:06:26

Thanks for replying and reasurance that i would be doing the correct thing speaking up.

TaylorsMummy thankfully they dont live with grandad, to be honest i dont no if my dd goes to visit or not, but it is something im definately going to ask her now

thx again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now