Talk

Advanced search

Miserable Christmas

(5 Posts)
Livedandlearned2 Sun 23-Dec-18 19:01:33

I've posted before under my old username Livedandlearned, about dsd being mean to dh. Well now.she's moved out to her mums, no arguments or kickoffs, she just gradually stayed there more and more and made her own way to school and back.

Now it is Christmas and she plans to spend Christmas day with her mum and possibly boxing day with us, or so i thought. However dh has decided he's going walking on boxing day, which is a good idea in itself, but I found out this from dss. Dh has been in a foul mood all day and has barely spoken to me.

He is rubbish at communicating with me. It seems as though his kids are turning against him and here I am trying to pick up the pieces and smooth things over, and make everyone's Christmas a pleasant time.

OP’s posts: |
Livedandlearned2 Sun 23-Dec-18 19:02:10

I don't know why I'm.posting, just had a hard day and need a hand hold.

OP’s posts: |
binkyblinky Sun 23-Dec-18 19:27:32

I'm sure it will all work out well. Look after yourself too! Xx

blackcat86 Mon 24-Dec-18 05:48:39

Will DSD still want to come if her dad is off out walking all day? I think that you need to step back and leave them to it rather than trying to smooth things over and second guess.

I have a 15yr old DSS who is coming over boxing day and DH certainly wouldn't be planning on going out and missing time with his son after they've not had Xmas together.

Livedandlearned Fri 28-Dec-18 19:50:39

Dh did go walking all day, dad didn't visit. However he saw her yesterday and she was fine with him. I clearly care more than any of them.

Honestly I have had enough of the whole situation, he can't handle any type of stress lately and I take it all on the chin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »