(3 Posts)
Sovilla Tue 07-Nov-17 12:31:13

Hi, I’m new here and just wondered if anyone can answer my question without me having to spend lots on a solicitor.

I am planning to adopt my husbands 4 children who have had permanent residency with us for the last 7 years. Their biological mother has agreed to the adoption and social services has completed their annex A report. We now have to complete the court forms and take them in with our fee.

My question is, we have to fill in a form for each child, is this then 4 separate adoptions, so 4 fees or will it all be together on the one fee.

Should we still have a solicitor even though the biological parent has agreed or can we just represent ourself. The A58 form for the adoption asks for the details of our legal team, can I leave this blank?

I’m probably going to have more questions so hopefully someone can help. We started this whole process in January so would like to get it completed soon.

Thanks in advance. smile

OP’s posts: |
HirplesWithHaggis Tue 07-Nov-17 12:52:31

You might be better asking over on the adoption boards. Good luck. smile

Sovilla Tue 07-Nov-17 14:28:13

Thanks will do. 😄

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in