Talk

Advanced search

DSDs reaction to more siblings

(11 Posts)
ladybug92 Sat 07-Oct-17 06:10:36

Was chatting today with my DH, DSD17 and DSD10 about little DD and somehow it came up would we have any more children, DH said yes and DSD17 almost jumped out of her chair and said 'yes!! cant wait' while punching the sky. I was so so happy and touched to hear her reaction and am sitting here later reflecting and feeling so grateful that they clearly feel part of the family and loved and included and that has been so important to me since I met them.

I am just so glad and wanted to share to give stepparents in tough spot some hope and reassurance, these moments are totally worth hard work and any awkward/tough times inbetween . xx

MrsOverTheRoad Sat 07-Oct-17 06:16:32

Aw that's lovely OP...my best friend had the same in that her DSD loves her baby siblings so much that she's like a second Mum to them! My friend is so happy with that as she's an older Mum and gets knackered!

Pluckedpencil Sat 07-Oct-17 06:30:41

That brought a tear to me eye, well done to both of you. She sounds like a lovely mature 17 year old too.

ladybug92 Sat 07-Oct-17 06:58:41

It has warmed my heart and I feel so incredibly grateful xx
MrsOverTheRoad that's beautiful, so glad to hear another lovely story.
Pluckedpencil We are all very lucky, thank you xx

Justoneme Sat 07-Oct-17 10:29:26

Awwww lovely 😊

Winosaurus Sat 07-Oct-17 11:43:11

Aww FINALLY a wonderful happy stepparenting post flowers that warmed my heart xx
My SD12 said if I had a baby with her dad she’d punch it in the head!

Adviceplease360 Sat 07-Oct-17 11:46:47

Nice to hear of a happy sc relationship

ladybug92 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:46:28

Oh gosh Winosaurus that's horrific, so sorry you had to hear that. Is your relationship particularly strained? Regardless, at 12, she should know that kind of comment is completely inappropriate to anyone!

PenguinDi Sat 07-Oct-17 21:51:06

Me and DH are TTC and dsd (11) is looking forward to a baby brother or sister, she is so good with younger kids.

Winosaurus Sat 07-Oct-17 22:04:50

Nope she adores me and her dad, DP has 2 children (her and her younger sister) and I have 2 children 7&3. She loves us all, that is just her take on it confused
DP and I don’t want kids together but someone mentioned it at a party recently e.g. “You two should have a baby together” and they were the exact words that came out of her mouth... everyone around us was shocked shock

ladybug92 Sat 07-Oct-17 22:21:12

PenguinDi aw that's great, fingers crossed for you x

How odd Winosaurus, where would she have even picked us the phrase 'punch in the face'... maybe she is just going through a difficult time of her own...Glad that otherwise things are lovely xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: