Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fathers' Day

(3 Posts)
SteppingOnToes Sun 11-Jun-17 17:31:54

My DPs weekend has fallen so that it isn't on fathers' day so he will not be seeing them (his ex is unwilling to give up her weekend). He didn't get to see them on Christmas day either and only saw his son on his birthday as it was his weekend his ex was invited to his party so he got to see his mum.

His ex isn't currently speaking to me as I 'overstepped' asked them what they wanted to eat when she dropped them off for me to look after when DP wasn't there so when I asked what normally happens on FD in terms of cards, I was met with stony silence sad . I only asked as he didn't even get a card for Christmas off them.

Would me buying them cards (or helping them make cards) be considered overstepping? It's my first FD as a SM

jojo2916 Tue 27-Jun-17 15:21:15

Of course it's not , if your husband is happy for you to be involved that's his right and nothing to do with the mother . Of course it is the mothers right to decide who the children have in their life when she has them. It's certainly not the other parents business unless abuse is suspected in which case you alert the authorities as you would with any child.

SteppingOnToes Tue 27-Jun-17 22:58:27

How weird - this post has magically come back after MNHQ deleted it...

I made cards with the kids and took them shopping for a little present. Good job I did as nothing else had been organised and he didn't see them on fathers day she went out for the day and turned off her phone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now