Talk

Advanced search

Advice on PR for step parents please

(3 Posts)
mangomay Mon 24-Apr-17 11:44:12

Long story short, DP and I are marrying this year, we want him to have parental responsibility for my DCs. He is their parent in every way apart from biologically, their actual dad shows no interest in them whatsoever (there's a long post on AIBU if you want the full story). However actual dad is refusing to allow PR for DP. Anyone had any experience of applying through the courts to allow a step parent PR without NRP consent? I'm fairly certain they'd grant it based on the circumstances, but I don't even know where to begin!

thatwomanwho Sat 29-Apr-17 21:33:22

There is a legal board, maybe try there for some help?

AnotherEmma Sat 29-Apr-17 21:41:40

After you and your DP get married, he will need to apply for a parental responsibility order. There is a "how to" guide here:
www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-apply-parental-responsibility-without-help-lawyer
You could also see if there are any family law solicitors near you who offer a free initial consultation, as it would probably be worth asking their advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now