DSD's just made me this...

(10 Posts)
WashingMatilda Thu 20-Apr-17 20:23:02

'Reasons why we love you' smile

Just need to share what the DSD's have just written for me for a bit of positivity.

Been with DP two years, he has four (!) DC's from previous marriage. I have always said I'm not their mummy, that they have a lovely mummy and I would be happy just to be their friend.
It's had its ups and downs, but just a shout out to anyone else that it does settle and you can get through with love and patience.

ladylunchalot1 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:23:59

That is so sweet how lovely 😊

GivenupontheGarden Thu 20-Apr-17 20:25:29

Aw! That is so nice. You lucky thing! Happy for you and your family. Enjoy. I like the fact you told them they have a 'lovely mummy' smile

CrazedZombie Thu 20-Apr-17 20:29:21

How adorable. You must be on Cloud Nine. 😀

WashingMatilda Thu 20-Apr-17 20:35:31

Thank you! I am, I feel very lucky. Like I said, it's not been easy at times so to see everything settling and perseverance paying off has been lovely. I think it helps that my DP has always been so grateful and supportive as well, not sure I could have done it without that.

Emeralda Thu 20-Apr-17 21:04:21

That is very lovely. I hope you frame it and keep it forever. Thanks for sharing. flowers

howtodowills Fri 21-Apr-17 08:04:06

Bless them... just makes your day when you get stuff like that doesn't it!

I always tell my SDs they have a lovely mummy and talk about her super positively even though she's rude, nasty and imo a pretty lame parent My therapist said they will figure it all out in time as they see things for themselves

WashingMatilda Fri 21-Apr-17 08:22:07

how exactly the same here.

Foureyesarebetterthantwo Fri 21-Apr-17 08:25:47

I love the fact that the things they like the most in life are a) you are police and therefore akin to a superhero in their eyes and b) a provider of chocolate. A superhero who brings chocolate, what's not to love?

Its actually very sweet and you must be doing a good job!

WashingMatilda Fri 21-Apr-17 09:28:17

That's what I thought, four ! grin

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now