Talk

Advanced search

Rats

(5 Posts)
The1975 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:06:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Neverknowing Sun 02-Apr-17 17:24:12

Not at all!! Gosh she sounds entitled, even without all the rest of the bullshit you shouldn't have to take anyone's pet if it makes you uncomfortable. Unless you expect her to look after your animals when you go away.

The1975 Sun 02-Apr-17 18:45:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

heidiwine Mon 03-Apr-17 07:37:18

I'm with you. I thought we were the only household in the country to have a similar level of ridiculousness. I've been doing it for nearly ten years now (and there have been some smelly pets). Like you, there was a similar level of control and bullying from DPs ex and I fumed about it.
Nothing helpful to say except that I feel your pain (and as my DPs children have got older their interest in furry creatures has waned and there is only one now (she doesn't travel to us but we go there when ex is away - most weekends - to feed and 'keep company'). We finally drew the line when we were asked to pay for the pet sitter when ex was going away at the same time as us...

gingina Mon 03-Apr-17 23:09:48

There is no way on earth that I would allow a rat (or two!) into my house for anyone!!!! I'm petrified of them. shock
You are not being unreasonable at all. It's your house and you have every right to refuse to look after her smelly stinking rodents

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: