Talk

Advanced search

2 year old is using step dads name for males in general

(5 Posts)
stephjcuk Wed 01-Mar-17 16:50:38

I have recently formed a relationship for the first time since the birth of twins, now 2 yrs old. The twins (boy and girl) get on well with him. However, and slightly awkwardly, she chooses to call most people (males) by his name. They don't exactly get a lot of male attention and he's become the most familiar part of recent.
What do you think I should think of this, or why would she enjoy using his name so much.
Otherwise they are generally happy and content. Do you think she is confused???

Manupprincess Wed 01-Mar-17 16:53:47

My DS calls both of our cats by the same name and often calls me and DP 'mummy' ( this it's just a generic term for I need help now please). I think it's a stage of getting sub categories right. Just keep correcting and praising when they do get it right.

Soubriquet Wed 01-Mar-17 16:55:38

It's normal

Dd went through a phase of calling every man daddy

They grow out of it

ZombieApocalips Sun 05-Mar-17 17:35:10

It's normal. My kids called every SatNav a TomTom and assumed that all German people knew their German friend. grin I remember them being confused the first time that they met another child with the same name as them and that mummy and daddy have their own mummy and daddy.

Evergreen777 Sun 05-Mar-17 22:07:39

My DS had a phase of calling every man daddy, which is much more embarrassing grin It's a normal phase of language development. Just refer to the other men by name when you speak back to them, and they'll pick it up eventually

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: