Talk

Advanced search

Unsafe kids

(13 Posts)
Beesandbutterflies327 Mon 20-Feb-17 15:46:41

I'm slightly concerned about the safety of my step children with their mother (1 aged 6 one aged 1) she seems unsafe with the things she does then acts like it's funny which is disturbing! The recent 3 have been her standing on something to reach something, fell and knocked herself unconscious, setting fire to the house by accident and the fire service and ambulance had to come out and treat them all for inhalation of toxic fumes and the littlest having a blanket over his face when sleeping and when she eventually went to check up on him he'd gone red and floppy (he was absolutely fine even though I was SO angry, she laughed it off and was like 'it's okay I saved him' angry ) it's never happened at ours as we take precautions and if he sleeps with a blanket we take it away when he's fallen asleep or tuck it into the bed so he can't pull it over his face, I just don't think she should be living alone if she's that unsafe!! Just wanted a rant really😁

Wdigin2this Mon 20-Feb-17 16:39:39

That is worrying, what does their father have to say about it

Beesandbutterflies327 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:32:38

Wdigin2this

He basically just says accidents happen, which I completely understand do but these last 3 have all been in the past couple of weeks which is making me worry as they're too close together to be just brushed off. I am no means a mum who'd wrap their kids in cotton wool either I'm just concerned as it's very unsafe

MumOfTwoMasterOfNone Mon 20-Feb-17 19:16:19

You can ring the NSPCC for advice or social services in your area. If you have genuine concerns about their safety you shouldn't ignore them

needsahalo Mon 20-Feb-17 20:34:22

So people who live on their own shouldn't have any shelving above shoulder height? Did she set a fire on purpose? Or leave the baby with a blanket on purpose?

She is laughing because she is embarressed. Why are you fdiscussing tbis wth her? What is the children's father doing?

Beesandbutterflies327 Mon 20-Feb-17 22:30:32

I'm just saying that I'm concerned about her the kids and the way she's acting about it, of course accidents happen! I wouldn't be posting it all over Facebook with the laughing emoji however!

Wdigin2this Mon 20-Feb-17 23:51:14

Well, it really should be the DC's father who is checking things out, but if you're really concerned, watch the situation and keep bringing it to the father's attention...how long have you been together?

MadgeMak Mon 20-Feb-17 23:58:31

Standing on something and falling off, not a crime just a lapse in judgement. Blanket over the face of. 1 year old, total non issue. Setting the house on fire, this is an issue but you don't give any detail on this, you need to elaborate.

needsahalo Tue 21-Feb-17 06:59:17

No, just posting all over mumsnet with plenty of !!!!!! What's the difference?

You say she shouldn't live on her own so who should she live with? How will an additional person stop her falling off chairs or keep a baby from ending up under a blanket?

Iris65 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:08:44

If you have genuine concerns about safety discuss it with your DP and decide together what to do.
She sounds a bit attention seeking if she's posting it on FB and I also wonder why you are looking at her page.
If the youngest is only one then it doesn't sound as if you have been with your DP long so being a SM must be new and challenging too.

gingina Wed 22-Feb-17 12:26:39

Where have you got this information from? Is it purely from stalking the Mums facebook?
Maybe you should be offering her support instead of over reacting.

NowtAbout Wed 22-Feb-17 12:29:40

I think you're right to be concerned. I would keep an eye on it. Obviously as a stepparent in MNs eyes you will be the devil incarnate!

needsahalo Wed 22-Feb-17 21:45:02

Seriously? Right to be concerned cos someone falls off a chair? Really?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now