Talk

Advanced search

Jealous Stepson 13

(11 Posts)
Gilhooley123 Mon 13-Feb-17 18:11:35

Hello, this is my first post 😬

I would really appreciate any advice and guidance. My 13 year old Step son is jealous of me. I do understand. At least I think I do. I'm not sure what to do. He lives with his mum and I tend to keep out of the way when he comes to stay as I want to make sure he has top quality time with his dad. They have gone to visit grandma for half term . Grandma has phoned me to say that step son is jellies and I should keep away. I'm mortified 😌
Any ideas?
Many thanks

user1486915549 Mon 13-Feb-17 21:03:03

Keep away from where ?
Does she mean stay out of your own home when he is there ?
Wtf !! What does your husband say in all this ?

Amandahugandkisses Mon 13-Feb-17 21:03:36

Keep away?!! What ?!

debbs77 Mon 13-Feb-17 21:04:48

How about spending time with him on your own if you can?

Aroundtheworldandback Mon 13-Feb-17 21:09:26

I would ask grandma to go into more detail. Is he jealous of the time you spend with his dad? If so, I agree with pp that he needs to spend time alone with his dad but also with you too. If you handle it right, things will get easier. But no, you don't need to leave your home!!

Wdigin2this Mon 13-Feb-17 23:07:07

I presume you mean the boy is jealous, and that grandma is telling you to keep away....but keep away from what exactly? The child, his DF, your home, the family....what exactly?

Babyiwantabump Mon 13-Feb-17 23:09:26

Yes what does she mean keep away?

rollonthesummer Mon 13-Feb-17 23:11:06

What exactly do you mean??

ANameToHide Tue 14-Feb-17 00:59:33

The keep away comment is odd, is she expecting you to keep away from your husband and home when you're step son visits? It's like something that would be said a new partner rather than a spouse.

How often does dh have contact? What does he think has caused the change? And if he's been like this from the start what has dh already tried to help his son? If dh doesn't know where it's coming from could he speak to his ex to see if she can shed some light?

OneWithTheForce Tue 14-Feb-17 01:07:35

Hmm, why is grandma getting involved? Is this a case of "dad won't send the evil step mum away grandma, and I'm sad!" <pout> ?

swingofthings Tue 14-Feb-17 06:06:19

It sounds from what you are saying that you are keeping away, that's the reason you're not with them, or were you planning on going there later in the week and she's telling you not to?

Also, how do you know your SS is jealous, or is this the conclusion you've reached from his attitude?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now