Talk

Advanced search

Are two parties the done thing?

(9 Posts)
Benson7683 Sun 23-Oct-16 23:36:58

Just looking for opinions, DSD is turning 12 next month and has asked for a big birthday party, 15+ kids, the thing is she's already having a birthday party at her Mums and then wants one at her Dads the very next weekend.

I don't really have an issue with it, just wondering if anyone else has done something similar and how invites have worked out, we all live in the same area, anyone she could invite to the 2nd party, she'll most likely have already invited to the first.

OutToGetYou Sun 23-Oct-16 23:40:44

No, we do one - dp does it every year as the ex is useless.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 23-Oct-16 23:42:28

There's two parties for all the children I know with two parents, as long as it's an "at home" style party. If it's something big and expensive, there's just one party if both parents still tolerate each other.

I tend to go to both if I'm free, presents usually for the first one.

Benson7683 Sun 23-Oct-16 23:45:52

That's good to know Anchor, I am slightly worried that people won't bother with the 2nd party, as they've already gone to the 1st party.

They're both at home parties and if the weather holds out, they'll all be out in the garden.

steppinstone Mon 24-Oct-16 12:17:48

We just do one! Usually we swap it about a bit so it's not one of us doing it every year.

swingofthings Mon 24-Oct-16 18:15:39

So not only it is two parties, but the same kids? No, never heard of this. Usually parents agree to one party and try to put a smile on their face being in the same room for a couple of hours (that is if they are not friends) or one arranges the party an the other celebrate by taking the child, and maybe one friend/family member who wasn't present at the party.

LadyAEIOU Mon 24-Oct-16 20:08:34

SS has one big party but has a small celebration with each of us too. Big party tends to be him and his friends rather than us grown ups and baby.

Thepurplehen Tue 25-Oct-16 16:53:55

Dp's ex would never do a party for her kids or want to be at one we organised.

DisneyMillie Tue 01-Nov-16 14:05:48

We just do one and all go but then it's very amicable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now